From: JKelly on
Has anyone discovered how to stop (or the reason for) the repeated access
to the "temporary internet files" folder?

It's a huge pain when I monitor all file accesses during unrelated
troubleshooting.

It has nothing to do with "checking for mail". It happens every few
seconds. I'm using V 7010 but I believe this nuisance exists in many/all
versions

#$%^&*(
From: Han on
JKelly(a)ao1.com wrote in news:tp5cm594lmelsoc9oieroj8fn2li54r384(a)4ax.com:

> Has anyone discovered how to stop (or the reason for) the repeated access
> to the "temporary internet files" folder?
>
> It's a huge pain when I monitor all file accesses during unrelated
> troubleshooting.
>
> It has nothing to do with "checking for mail". It happens every few
> seconds. I'm using V 7010 but I believe this nuisance exists in many/all
> versions

I use a program called ATF cleaner (freeware, donations accepted) which as
very simple settings to change or not. It cleans teporary files and lots
of other stuff. This morning it cleaned 350 MB of junk.

I use it on XP and Vista. I don't know whether it works on Win7. Please
tell me if it does.

--
Best regards
Han
From: JKelly on

>I use a program called ATF cleaner (freeware, donations accepted) which as
>very simple settings to change or not. It cleans teporary files and lots
>of other stuff. This morning it cleaned 350 MB of junk.

My problem is with Eudora -- not with junk files.
From: Han on
Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed(a)ix.netcom.com> wrote in

> On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 01:03:12 -0500, JKelly(a)ao1.com declaimed the
> following in comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows:
>
>> My problem is with Eudora -- not with junk files.
>
> And most likely, you are configured to use "M$ Viewer" (in other
> words, you have Eudora configured to use "Internet Explorer" to render
> email messages).

As Dennis implies, the presence of all that junk in temporary files slows
everything down on your machine. Just try it. Get ATF cleaner, use it
(carefully - I do not erase passwords or cookies - YMMV!!!) on your IE and
FF, then reboot and see whether there is improvement.

All free advice guaranteed or triple your money back!!

--
Best regards
Han