From: the.hunter on
Hi, I use Eudora 7 and I know In.mbx and Out.mbx cannot be very heavy
(cannot contains many emails), instead of other additional mailboxes
can be heavier. Can you tell me the max heavines can be In.mbx and
Out.mbx, please? What is safety level, heavy limit?
I am afraid I'm go too far.
Thanks
From: Han on
the.hunter(a)TOGLIkatamail.com wrote in

> Hi, I use Eudora 7 and I know In.mbx and Out.mbx cannot be very heavy
> (cannot contains many emails), instead of other additional mailboxes
> can be heavier. Can you tell me the max heavines can be In.mbx and
> Out.mbx, please? What is safety level, heavy limit?
> I am afraid I'm go too far.
> Thanks

That advice may be old, and today's computers may be better at keeping
corruption away. But why challenge fate? Just move all your messages from
the inbox to a new emailbox, like "read". Only keep those emails you still
need to work with in the inbox. Same for "out", make a new box "sent"

--
Best regards
Han
From: Steve Urbach on
On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 12:12:04 +0100, the.hunter(a)TOGLIkatamail.com wrote:

>Hi, I use Eudora 7 and I know In.mbx and Out.mbx cannot be very heavy
>(cannot contains many emails), instead of other additional mailboxes
>can be heavier. Can you tell me the max heavines can be In.mbx and
>Out.mbx, please? What is safety level, heavy limit?
>I am afraid I'm go too far.
>Thanks

The advice is good because "System Level" boxes like In, Out are kept in
memory .
How big is the absolute maximum depends somewhat on the O/S.
2G or 4G were limits for any single file (mailboxes are 2 files. Dat,idx)
E7 supports nested boxes, so why not just split a mailbox up when it reaches a
size you pick? My_Club/2009Q1, 2009Q2, 2009Q3
If you /rename or move/ an existing mailbox, Eudora will ask if you want to
have it update the filters (affected) to the new location. Done