From: RichA on
I thought Canon's 7D was about the best one so far for APS-sized
sensors. Now, just imagine if they'd scale up the GH1 sensor to FF
and 48 megapixels!

http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/eng/DxOMark-Sensor/DxOMark-reviews/DxOMark-review-for-the-Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-GH1

From: Ray Fischer on
RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>I thought Canon's 7D was about the best one so far for APS-sized
>sensors. Now, just imagine if they'd scale up the GH1 sensor to FF
>and 48 megapixels!

Such cameras already exist and run around $40,000.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: RichA on
On Jan 27, 11:43 pm, rfisc...(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:
> RichA  <rander3...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >I thought Canon's 7D was about the best one so far for APS-sized
> >sensors.  Now, just imagine if they'd scale up the GH1 sensor to FF
> >and 48 megapixels!
>
> Such cameras already exist and run around $40,000.

There is a FF (reference: 35mm sized sensor) that is 48 megapixels
and costs $40,000, or are you referring to medium format sensors which
are much larger?