From: bdlong on
> I assume that you have gone through the Paper Port Scanner Setup wizard.
>
> If not run the Scanner Setup Wizard, it should be in the Start Menu along
> with Paper Port.
>
> Are you sure that the brother scanner has a TWAIN interface and you are not
> using the WIA interface?
>
> --
> CSM1http://www.carlmcmillan.com
> --

There wasn't a scanner setup wizard in the start menu, however, there
is a initwain.exe in the paper port menu that the support website
mentioned to run. (i have ran it a few times).

The only scanner that shows up is the WIA-Brother. The support site
mentions to choose the non-wia scanner, but it's not there.
A litte background - it was running fine on this computer, another
indication it isn't the hardware. I replaced the hard drive with a
new SATA drive and did a fresh install of Windows. I haven't been
able to get the scanner to run properly using Paper Port since. I
believe I remember the old hard drive using the twain scanner and not
the Wia version.
From: CSM1 on
"bdlong" <bdlong(a)excite.com> wrote in message
>> I assume that you have gone through the Paper Port Scanner Setup wizard.
>>
>> If not run the Scanner Setup Wizard, it should be in the Start Menu along
>> with Paper Port.
>>
>> Are you sure that the brother scanner has a TWAIN interface and you are
>> not
>> using the WIA interface?
>>
>> --
>> CSM1http://www.carlmcmillan.com
>> --
>
> There wasn't a scanner setup wizard in the start menu, however, there
> is a initwain.exe in the paper port menu that the support website
> mentioned to run. (i have ran it a few times).
>
> The only scanner that shows up is the WIA-Brother. The support site
> mentions to choose the non-wia scanner, but it's not there.
> A litte background - it was running fine on this computer, another
> indication it isn't the hardware. I replaced the hard drive with a
> new SATA drive and did a fresh install of Windows. I haven't been
> able to get the scanner to run properly using Paper Port since. I
> believe I remember the old hard drive using the twain scanner and not
> the Wia version.

The Wia version is probably supplied by Windows XP, Windows XP does have
some built-in drivers for scanners, usually WIA. Paperport uses a TWAIN
driver, not WIA.

You must find a TWAIN driver for your Brother scanner.
Here are the drivers for Brother MFC 6800
http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public/us/us/en/dlf/dlf/000000/000400/dlf000490.html?reg=us&c=us&lang=en&prod=mfc6800_us&type2=1&os=7&flang=4&dlid=dlf000490

If that machine has a parallel and usb port use the USB not the parallel
port.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com