From: R on
Does anyone make a PATA controller with Win7 drivers? I've been
looking at the VIA chipset boards, but I can't find Win7 drivers on
their site.
From: mscotgrove on
On Jan 12, 9:29 am, R <R...(a)nospam.com> wrote:
> Does anyone make a PATA controller with Win7 drivers?  I've been
> looking at the VIA chipset boards, but I can't find Win7 drivers on
> their site.

I am not sure if this is the answer you want, but a USB caddy still
works OK. If it is a one off transfer of files, it will be a solution.
From: Yousuf Khan on
R wrote:
> Does anyone make a PATA controller with Win7 drivers? I've been
> looking at the VIA chipset boards, but I can't find Win7 drivers on
> their site.

Shouldn't there still be standard Microsoft ATA drivers packaged with Win 7?

Yousuf Khan
From: R on
On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 09:47:32 -0500, Yousuf Khan
<bbbl67(a)spammenot.yahoo.com> wrote:

>R wrote:
>> Does anyone make a PATA controller with Win7 drivers? I've been
>> looking at the VIA chipset boards, but I can't find Win7 drivers on
>> their site.
>
>Shouldn't there still be standard Microsoft ATA drivers packaged with Win 7?
>
> Yousuf Khan

If there are, I haven't heard them mentioned by manufacturers yet. The
Win7 driver structure must be different enough from Vista 64 that
there's some reluctance to port older technologies... Hence Matrox
abandoning Win7 support for some of their older products, etc. Given
that, I wasn't expecting to see any out-of-the-box P-ATA drivers.
Anyone know if they exist?
From: andy on

<http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?bop=And&Submit=Property&N=2%2050002177%2040000410&PropertyCodeValue=1934%3a12761%2c1934%3a12762>
<http://www.siliconimage.com/support/searchresults.aspx?pid=31&cat=3>