From: Bob Smith on
Tim Wescott wrote:
> Is there any way to do this?
> Is there any way to do this without standing on my head?

I wanted to give a tutorial on how to use ISE on Linux
but hah so many problems with JTAG that I gave up. Instead
I designed an FPGA board that doesn't need JTAG for code
download; it needs 'cat'. I eventually did give the tutorial
and it went well.

My board is here: http://www.demandperipherals.com and a
HOWTO on using ISE with Makefiles under Linux is here:
http://www.demandperipherals.com/docs.html#howto

The BaseBoard is far from the only one that uses USB/serial
for download but be careful as some boards use a proprietary
USB driver even though it is just a serial port.

HTH
Bob Smith
From: Uwe Bonnes on
Tim Wescott <tim(a)seemywebsite.com> wrote:
> Is there any way to do this?

Give the Sourceforge-SVN version of xc3sprog a try.

--
Uwe Bonnes bon(a)elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de

Institut fuer Kernphysik Schlossgartenstrasse 9 64289 Darmstadt