From: Michael on
On Sep 25, 2:11 am, "Skybuck Flying" <BloodySh...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Today I invented a parallel huffman encoding and decoding algorithm which is
> pretty much 100% parallel and very efficient.
>
> (For now this does not include parallel building of the tree, nor does it
> include parallel huffman code building... just parallel encoding and
> parallel decoding (which is 99.9% of the work-load probably)).
>
> I did a quick google and it's possibly not invented before.
>
> Interested parties can contact me via e-mail at: skybuck 2000 @ hotmail .
> com
>
> I have two propositions for interested "buyers" of the idea:
>
> 1. You pay me one million euro's and I tell you my little secret ;) But
> before I tell you my little secret you must have payed me the one million
> euro's and signed a contract that I am exempt from any lawsuits, patents
> fees or whatever.
>
> or
>
> 2. You pay me XX.000 euro's so that I can patent the invention. You shall
> receive a "license" to the patent for a certain license fee... which could
> be one big sum of money one time... or a steady small ammount of money for
> each month or year or so.
>
> This deal will be worked out in a contract so that we both get what we want:
>
> You get the idea/technology or license/etc, I get lot's of money.
>
> I am pretty sure the idea works... I will probably make a prototype just to
> prove to myself and any interested parties that it works.
>
> The whole deal will mostly be based on trust... you shall not have access to
> source code or the idea's until payment and contract.
>
> Bye,
>   Skybuck.

How does the performance compare with, say, 7-zip, which is free?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sevenzip/

Michael
From: Skybuck Flying on

"Dirk Bruere at NeoPax" <dirk.bruere(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Rich the Cynic wrote:

>>> LOL. You won't get any takers for a deal like that. They'll happily sign
>>> a confidentiality agreement before looking at what you have got, but no
>>> one is going to part with any cash without seeing anything.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>> Today I invented a device for transportation. It's called the "wheel".
>> Just send me five kazillion dollars, and you can be the first on the
>> patent gravy train!
>
> I have a device for allowing people to walk through walls...

Ok, Dirk, you seem like a troll to me.

Time to put you into the troll-bin ;) :)

Bye,
Bye,
Skybuck =D

From: Michael on
On Sep 25, 2:54 pm, "Skybuck Flying" <BloodySh...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Dirk Bruere at NeoPax" <dirk.bru...(a)gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:7i4a46F307kmfU2(a)mid.individual.net...
>

> > Rich the Cynic wrote:

> >> Today I invented a device for transportation. It's called the "wheel".
> >> Just send me five kazillion dollars, and you can be the first on the
> >> patent gravy train!
>
> > I have a device for allowing people to walk through walls...
>
> Ok, Dirk, you seem like a troll to me.
>
> Time to put you into the troll-bin ;) :)
>
> Bye,
>   Bye,
>     Skybuck =D

I believe Dirk was referring to a door...
From: robertwessel2 on
On Sep 25, 6:57 am, "Skybuck Flying" <BloodySh...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> I, Skybuck, however am well known among newsgroups related to computer
> technology and especially programming.

You do realize that in your case this not a positive?