From: George on
I have a form that displays a certain fields from a specific record. How
can the selected values be passed to create a report?

From my understanding reports can only get information from tables and
queries. How can I query th information from a form?

Thank you for any help,
George
From: John W. Vinson on
On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 12:13:31 -0400, George <MyEmail(a)FakeEmailAddress.com>
wrote:

>I have a form that displays a certain fields from a specific record. How
> can the selected values be passed to create a report?

> From my understanding reports can only get information from tables and
>queries. How can I query th information from a form?
>
>Thank you for any help,
> George

Well, actually you can.

For instance you can base the Report on a Query with a criterion

=[Forms]![NameOfYourForm]![NameOfSomeControl]

to use that control's value as a criterion to select which record or records
to include in the report.

You can use the same expression as the Control Source of a textbox on the
report if you just want to display the value of an unbound textbox.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]