From: Scott M. on
I'm thinking that you just need to use impersonation of an account that does
have privledges to write to your document server and then you just have the
document save in .pdf format to that location.

No?

-Scott

"Luft" <edamron(a)spamcop.net> wrote in message
I guess we're thinking of two different things when we say "upload."
Maybe your thinking of upload as via an FTP server or some other
transport. I'm thinking of upload as writing a file to a share.

What management wants is to have a button on our Word 2007 ribbon.
When the user clicks it, the document that they are working on gets
converted to a PDF file and saved on our document storage server
automatically and all in one step from the user's perspective.

I'm thinking what I need to do is convert the document into a PDF and
save it on their PC. Read the file into a memorystream. Put the
contents of the memory stream into a byte array. Pass the byte array
to the document server via remoting. At the server end copy the
contents of the byte array back into a memorystream. Write the
memorystream to a file. Save the file to the proper location.

Hopefuly I'm on the right track here.

From: Jason Keats on
Luft wrote:

> What management wants is to have a button on our Word 2007 ribbon.
> When the user clicks it, the document that they are working on gets
> converted to a PDF file and saved on our document storage server
> automatically and all in one step from the user's perspective.
>
> I'm thinking what I need to do is convert the document into a PDF and
> save it on their PC. Read the file into a memorystream. Put the
> contents of the memory stream into a byte array. Pass the byte array
> to the document server via remoting. At the server end copy the
> contents of the byte array back into a memorystream. Write the
> memorystream to a file. Save the file to the proper location.
>
> Hopefuly I'm on the right track here.

Something like the following would be a lot less work!

http://www.novapdf.com/kb/how-to-install-and-use-nova-pdf-server-as-a-shared-network-pdf-printer-102.html