From: spoonbob on
I've had a problem that has been persistent across versions of Access, and
have found no solution. I often use forms in datasheet view to paste from one
table to an exact copy of that table. I have to use paste rather than a query
because I need to generate an error table to deal manually with problem
records.

When I paste, the normal "would create a duplicate" error appears, and gives
the option of supressing all further error messages. This works fine for key
violation issues. However, if there is a field-level "field is too small to
accept the amount of data you are trying to paste" error, Access generates an
error for every single instance, with no option to suppress following error
messages.

This means that if I am pasting several hundred or thousand records, I must
acknowledge every single one of them. This occurs even after I have selected
"Ignore all further error messages" when there is a key violation.

At the same time, the error message doesn't identify the problem field, and
I can't find any reference to an error log where I could discover the
offending field(s). Some of my tables have 40+ fields, so going through these
meanually to try to track down the problem can be extremely time consuming
(as an aside, the inability to unpin and move forms on the fly alo makes
visually comparing two forms for out-of-order sequences in table view forces
me to copy the entire database and create a clone so I can make side-by-side
comparisons).

Perhaps there are solutions, and perhaps this has been fixed in Access 2010.
And perhaps it is a rare issue for most users (I work almost exclusively with
text files, and not data) - but it has been a common and persistent problem
with my use of Access for years.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=1d89b2b1-0e04-4917-a7e5-4ff310567903&dg=microsoft.public.access
From: De Jager on