From: Victor Delta on
I have an Excel spreadsheet where some of the rows are not visible as they
are auto-filtered out.

I have a column of 20 cells from another sheet that I want to paste in to
cells in the top 20 visible rows of the first sheet. However, whenever I try
this using Paste or Paste Values, it fills the top 20 cells including the
invisible rows.

Is there any way I can just paste into the visible rows please?

TIA

From: Excel Nut on
You cannot do this because the range you are pasting to must be the
same size and shape as the range you are copying from. Also, you
cannot copy from multiple selection range to another multiple-
selection range.

Francis Hayes
www.TheExcelAddict.com
From: Dave Peterson on
Maybe you can sort your "to" data so that the range to be pasted is contiguous.
Then do the copy|Paste and then resort your data to put it in the order you
like.

Victor Delta wrote:

> I have an Excel spreadsheet where some of the rows are not visible as they
> are auto-filtered out.
>
> I have a column of 20 cells from another sheet that I want to paste in to
> cells in the top 20 visible rows of the first sheet. However, whenever I try
> this using Paste or Paste Values, it fills the top 20 cells including the
> invisible rows.
>
> Is there any way I can just paste into the visible rows please?
>
> TIA

Dave Peterson
From: Victor Delta on
I feared this might be the case. Many thanks to both of you for your