From: R. Mark Clayton on
Does any net do these?

I am after one to use in emergencies, but don't want to have to lose
remaining credit and top up each month.

--

R. Mark Clayton

nospamclayton(a)btinternet.com
remove nospa for email

From: Andy Burns on
R. Mark Clayton wrote:

> Does any net do these?
>
> I am after one to use in emergencies, but don't want to have to lose
> remaining credit and top up each month.

Voda's current PAYG offering expires monthly, their previous offering
bought you 1GB which stayed active for 6 months - supposedly some of the
old ones were still kicking around e.g in Maplin.

T-Mobile have a version where you add credit, which is used at �2 per
day that you make use of it, again with 6 month idle period killing the
device with any remaining credit.

I have one each of these, at the time I looked all others expired too
quickly to be useful for standby use only.

From: fred on
In article <196dnRRLeKdKOrrRnZ2dnUVZ8iqdnZ2d(a)brightview.co.uk>, Andy
Burns <usenet.aug2009(a)adslpipe.co.uk> writes
>R. Mark Clayton wrote:
>
>> Does any net do these?
>>
>> I am after one to use in emergencies, but don't want to have to lose
>> remaining credit and top up each month.
>
>Voda's current PAYG offering expires monthly, their previous offering
>bought you 1GB which stayed active for 6 months - supposedly some of the
>old ones were still kicking around e.g in Maplin.

The 1GB non expiring credit ones were pulled by Vodafone at the end of
January to be replaced by the 3GB monthly expiring ones so you'll be
lucky to find one in retail.

There's currently one going on ebay, item 170505311978.

Both use the K3565 dongle so you need to check that it's the 1GB one
first. If I can find the box for the one I bought, I will post the voda
part no.
--
fred
FIVE TV's superbright logo - not the DOG's, it's bollocks
From: Steve Terry on
"R. Mark Clayton" <nospamclayton(a)btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Does any net do these?
>
> I am after one to use in emergencies, but don't want to have to lose
> remaining credit and top up each month.
> R. Mark Clayton

You'd be better off with a tethered HSDPA PAYG phone

Steve Terry
--
Welcome Sign-up Bonus of �1 when you signup free at:
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/G4WWK

From: Andy Burns on
Steve Terry wrote:

> "R. Mark Clayton"<nospamclayton(a)btinternet.com> wrote:
>
>> I am after one to use in emergencies
>
> You'd be better off with a tethered HSDPA PAYG phone

Previously I didn't pay for a data tariff on my main phone, and the
laptop and netbooks concerned both had internal 3G cards, which was why
I went for the Voda and T-Mob SIMs (you have to buy the dongle to get
the SIM)

Now I have a smartphone that supports USB and WiFi tethering, so I do
have a data tariff, I might drop one of the PAYG SIMs.