From: Woody on
Voda have cut off my backup PAYG mobile saying I have not used it
in nine months - but I know I have used it this year. They insist
that I have lost both the credit (about �8) and the number and
they cannot be recovered. However this happened once before - a
decade or more ago - with my wife's phone (she doesn't use it
either!) and I got both back without problem.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get one - or preferably
both - back?

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

From: Steve Terry on
"Woody" <harrogate3(a)ntlworld.spam.com> wrote in message
> Voda have cut off my backup PAYG mobile saying I have not used it in nine
> months - but I know I have used it this year. They insist that I have lost
> both the credit (about �8) and the number and they cannot be recovered.
> However this happened once before - a decade or more ago - with my wife's
> phone (she doesn't use it either!) and I got both back without problem.
>
> Does anyone know if there is a way to get one - or preferably both - back?
> Woody

Welcome to the club of Voda PAYG timeout victims.

If you need to use the Voda network on PAYG get an Asda Mobile sim

If you have the use of other networks in your area use them instead

Steve Terry
--
Welcome Sign-up Bonus of �1 when you signup free at:
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/G4WWK

From: tony sayer on
In article <i08h6c$3n0$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, Steve Terry
<gfourwwk(a)tesco.net> scribeth thus
>"Woody" <harrogate3(a)ntlworld.spam.com> wrote in message
>> Voda have cut off my backup PAYG mobile saying I have not used it in nine
>> months - but I know I have used it this year. They insist that I have lost
>> both the credit (about �8) and the number and they cannot be recovered.
>> However this happened once before - a decade or more ago - with my wife's
>> phone (she doesn't use it either!) and I got both back without problem.
>>
>> Does anyone know if there is a way to get one - or preferably both - back?
>> Woody
>>

>Welcome to the club of Voda PAYG timeout victims.
>
>If you need to use the Voda network on PAYG get an Asda Mobile sim
>
>If you have the use of other networks in your area use them instead
>
>Steve Terry

Are any other nets any better?..

--
Tony Sayer

voda time out victim;(...

From: Andy Pandy on

"Woody" <harrogate3(a)ntlworld.spam.com> wrote in message
> Voda have cut off my backup PAYG mobile saying I have not used it in
> nine months - but I know I have used it this year.

How did you "use" it? IIRC you have to make a chargeable outgoing call
(I don't think texts count, nor incoming, nor outgoing which aren't
charged).

> They insist that I have lost both the credit (about �8) and the
> number and they cannot be recovered. However this happened once
> before - a decade or more ago - with my wife's phone (she doesn't
> use it either!) and I got both back without problem.
>
> Does anyone know if there is a way to get one - or preferably both -
> back?

Prove to them you used it? Not sure whether the phone's log of
outgoing calls would suffice.

--
Andy

From: Steve Terry on
"tony sayer" <tony(a)bancom.co.uk> wrote in message
> In article <i08h6c$3n0$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, Steve Terry
> <gfourwwk(a)tesco.net> scribeth thus
>>"Woody" <harrogate3(a)ntlworld.spam.com> wrote in message
>>> Voda have cut off my backup PAYG mobile saying I have not used it in
>>> nine
>>> months - but I know I have used it this year. They insist that I have
>>> lost
>>> both the credit (about �8) and the number and they cannot be recovered.
>>> However this happened once before - a decade or more ago - with my
>>> wife's
>>> phone (she doesn't use it either!) and I got both back without problem.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know if there is a way to get one - or preferably both -
>>> back?
>>> Woody
>>>
>>Welcome to the club of Voda PAYG timeout victims.
>>If you need to use the Voda network on PAYG get an Asda Mobile sim
>>
>>If you have the use of other networks in your area use them instead
>>Steve Terry
>
> Are any other nets any better?..
> Tony Sayer

Voda PAYG have the shortest disuse timeout period, at one time only
3 months although they now say they've put it back to 6 months.
For low users they are not to be trusted.

Virgin mobile probably still have the longest, although they can now
timeout a PAYG sim for disuse after 6 months i've not known them to.
Also if you add Direct Debit to your Virgin Sim turning it into a
zero per month contract, it'll have no timeout.

Although for a Zero per month contract i prefer Three Zero
with free Skype access, free voicemail and Orange 2g roaming.

Steve Terry
--
Welcome Sign-up Bonus of �1 when you signup free at:
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/G4WWK

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Pay & Go data dongles