From: Kevin on
There is DEFINITELY A PEN IN THE CX2620 stylii. I just replaced mine with a AAAA battery. The old one (which is a AAAA size, you can find these inside 9-volt batteries) had acid buildup on its positive end and that is why the pen went inactive. There is a lot of debate over this pen problem and I guarantee 90% of the time it's related to the battery. I can do a clean replace on anybody's CX2620 pen/stylii with a fresh battery for $10. If interested email me at kevinteman(a)hotmail.com . You pay for shipping, your total about $17 or so. I have never done this before but I just replaced mine flawlessly so I can do others. I know there are a lot of dead stylii out there and people don't know what to do, took me a while to figure it out. Email me.

Thanks,
Kevin Teman
kevinteman(a)hotmail.com

MAF wrote:

Thanks for all your help. I will look into a new pen."Invalid" wrote:
11-Aug-09

Thanks for all your help. I will look into a new pen.

"Invalid" wrote:

On Wednesday, July 29, 2009 11:16 PM
MAF wrote:

Pen not working
it is been awhile ((a year or more)since I have used my pen, so it is possible
I forgot something really simple. When I go to use the pen, the cursor
displays. When I move the pen, the cursor moves. however, when I try to
write with the pen, nothing happens and when I try to calibrate the pen,
nothing happens when I touch the pen to the cross-hairs. When I have the
tablet PC input panel open, I can see the point (and it is about an inch away
from the pen point), but when I press the pen to the screen nothing happens.

So is there perhaps a driver that is missing or am I not doing something
simple that I forgot or what? My PC crashed over a year ago and Best Buy
reinstalled the OS. I have a Gateway TAblet PC CX2618.

On Thursday, July 30, 2009 7:19 AM
Invalid wrote:

Has it ever worked since the re-install?
Has it ever worked since the re-install?

Sounds like the digitizer is acting as a mouse not a stylus.

Possibly they installed XP rather than the tablet version.

Regards
--
Invalid

On Thursday, July 30, 2009 5:44 PM
MAF wrote:

When I click on the System Panel it tells me "Microsoft Windows XP Tablet
When I click on the System Panel it tells me "Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC
Edition 2005, Version 2002, Service Pack 3. So I assume it is the correct
OS. Anything else to check? I am feeling really silly for not checking this
out before the warranty ran out.

"Invalid" wrote:

On Friday, July 31, 2009 5:34 PM
Invalid wrote:

Two possibilities thenDid they install the drivers for the stylus.
Two possibilities then

Did they install the drivers for the stylus. I do not have a Gateway, so
I cannot be specific, but on the Gateway website there are drivers for
the Fineprint digitizer. They would probably not be installed by a
basic Tablet install.

Look in device manager and see if there. are Fineprint drivers,
probably under HID devices. Whether or not you can download them from

http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/search.asp?st=pn&param=5945

and reinstall.

The second possibility is that the Tablet services have not started.
Check with task manager whether tabtip.exe is running. Also check that
TabletServicePen services are set to automatically start.

Try running Tabtip.exe

Regards

--
Invalid

On Sunday, August 09, 2009 2:30 PM
MAF wrote:

Sorry about the delay in getting back.
Sorry about the delay in getting back. I have reinstalled the Finepoint
Innovations Tablet driver (4.4.1.0) and the tabtip.exe is running when I
check windows task manager.
Hovering the pen will highlight buttons, but touching the screen to double
click or write or calibrate is resulting in no response. I appreciate your
advice... any other ideas for me to check out?

"Invalid" wrote:

On Monday, August 10, 2009 5:53 AM
Invalid wrote:

Not really, not having a Gateway machine, I cannot really see what mightbe
Not really, not having a Gateway machine, I cannot really see what might
be wrong.The other obvious issue is the pen itself. Does it have a
battery in it? Is the battery OK? If not you might have a faulty pen. A
quick search brought up a lot of traffic about faulty pens which Gateway
replaced under warranty - see

<http://www.technologyquestions.com/technology/windows-xp-tablet-pc-newsg
roup/6417-pen-stylus-not-completely-working.html>

for an example. You could try a new pen if you can find one.

Good luck.

Regards
--
Invalid

On Tuesday, August 11, 2009 10:32 PM
MAF wrote:

Thanks for all your help. I will look into a new pen."Invalid" wrote:
Thanks for all your help. I will look into a new pen.

"Invalid" wrote:

Excel macro for creating and manipulating charts
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/4f45ae7e-6835-4813-a15d-0cc6f4b06182/excel-macro-for-creating.aspx