From: Kevin on
Josh Einstein,

There is DEFINITELY A PEN IN THE CX2620 stylii. I just replaced mine with a AAAA battery. The old one (which is a AAAA size, you can find these inside 9-volt batteries) had acid buildup on its positive end and that is why the pen went inactive. There is a lot of debate over this pen problem and I guarantee 90% of the time it's related to the battery. I can do a clean replace on anybody's CX2620 pen/stylii with a fresh battery for $10. If interested email me at kevinteman(a)hotmail.com . You pay for shipping, your total about $17. I have never done this before but I just replaced mine flawlessly so I can do others. I know there are a lot of dead stylii out there and people don't know what to do, took me a while to figure it out.

Thanks,
Kevin Teman

Josh Einstein wrote:

There is no pen battery in the CX series.
29-Dec-07

There is no pen battery in the CX series. Finepoint switched to a
battery-less pen a while ago. The issue was most likely that the HID driver
got hosed.

--
Josh Einstein (Tablet PC MVP)
Einstein Technologies

"Leo Bellew" <LBellew(a)ucwPhilly.rr.com> wrote in message

On Monday, December 17, 2007 9:39 AM
P wrote:

Pen in tablet PC stop working as well.
I have a gateway tablet PC CX2620, the pen for the tablet feature just stop
working recently. I had the same issue in the past I thought it was the
battery inside the pen that went bad, but I found out to my surprise there is
no battery. I ended up reinstalling the operating system from scratch which
did fix the issue; however, I am wondering if there is another method instead
of reinstalling the entire OS just to fix the pen tablet.

I would really appreciate the help.

On Monday, December 24, 2007 1:11 AM
Leo Bellew wrote:

Re: Pen in tablet PC stop working as well.
On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 06:39:02 -0800, PB <PB(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

It does have a battery. See:

http://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/Q106/Viper/106059/106059mv.shtml

"Note: The battery in this pen is not replaceable."

I have an older model than yours, but I use the same stylus as you do.
I bought my tablet with two pens. I used the first exclusively. When
the battery ran out, I pulled out the second and it worked
immediately.

I received a replacement for the first pen under warrenty from
Gateway. (Don't know if they will still do that, but it is still in my
extended warrenty.)

Your pen battery might have been able to create additional electricity
in the interim while you reinstalled the operating system. If so, it
will stop working again for you soon. Then you will know it was the
pen battery and not a virus or other software/hardware problem.

Good luck either way.

On Saturday, December 29, 2007 12:09 AM
Josh Einstein wrote:

There is no pen battery in the CX series.
There is no pen battery in the CX series. Finepoint switched to a
battery-less pen a while ago. The issue was most likely that the HID driver
got hosed.

--
Josh Einstein (Tablet PC MVP)
Einstein Technologies
Tablet Enhancements for Outlook - Try it free: www.tabletoutlook.com

"Leo Bellew" <LBellew(a)ucwPhilly.rr.com> wrote in message

On Friday, February 29, 2008 9:03 PM
Too Fast To Liv wrote:

RE: Pen in tablet PC stop working as well.
"PB" wrote:

On Saturday, March 01, 2008 12:41 PM
Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell wrote:

It;s probably just a bad pen.
It;s probably just a bad pen. I had problems with mine right out of the box,
but didn't realize what a problem it had been till it finally died and they
sent me a new one. As soon as I started using that one, I realized I had had
a dud all along.

C.

"Too Fast To Live" <Too Fast To Live(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:B80DC3E7-CA54-49E8-9812-27C30EF67D61(a)microsoft.com...

Recursively Finding All Controls of a specified Type via Generics
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/0057be6e-6663-47d2-8bcb-c8aed910ef60/recursively-finding-all-c.aspx