From: Help_needed on
I don't want to see the wireless icon in System Tray when it is not
connected. How do I remove this icon permanently without disabling? I have
been searching the web for this answer and seems no one has a solution. Can
anyone help me?
From: John Wunderlich on
=?Utf-8?B?SGVscF9uZWVkZWQ=?= <Help_needed(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in news:F88FECBA-65B1-4B4A-BDDF-6638E933B85A(a)microsoft.com:

> I don't want to see the wireless icon in System Tray when it is
> not connected. How do I remove this icon permanently without
> disabling? I have been searching the web for this answer and
> seems no one has a solution. Can anyone help me?

Right-click "start" then Properties -> "Taskbar" tab ->
Make sure "Hide inactive icons" is checked, then click "Customize"
Find the item you want to hide, click in "Behavior" column and select
"Always hide"

HTH,
John
From: Jack [MVP-Networking] on
Hi
There are different ways to deal with it in different in OS'. Which one
you have?
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).