From: Paul E Collins on
Hi.

I have a wireless router (BT Home Hub) that works fine with my primary
computer, and worked fine with a previous Vaio laptop, but won't seem to
accept connections from a new Vaio laptop.

The router shows up in the "Choose a wireless network" / View Available
Wireless Networks dialogue, but when I select it and enter the WPA key, I
just get "Waiting for the network" for about 20 or 30 seconds, then it
silently closes that progress window without telling me what the error was.

What does this mean? Bad password, network out of range, or what? It seems
stupid that it doesn't explain why the connection failed.

Eq.

From: Jack [MVP-Networking] on
Hi
Disable temp. the Wireless security (WPA), and try to make a connection
while you are close to the Wireless Router.
If it works, establish again the security using a new key.
If it does not, then try to follow this process,
http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).