From: Mike-Sion on

I have a personal folders Data File located on an external drive which
does not appear in the list of Data Files and therefore I cannot remove
this Data File. The personal folders works fine with no errors.

When I go to Tools; Options; Mail Setup; Data Files, the data file does
not appear so I cannot remove it.

When I right click on the folder; Close Personal Folders I get an error
message; "The Operation Failed. An Object could not be found.

Does anyone have a suggested fix for this problem?

Thanks much,

Mike

--
Mike-Sion
From: Gordon on

"Mike-Sion" <Mike-Sion.6302794(a)outlookbanter.com> wrote in message

> I have a personal folders Data File located on an external drive which
> does not appear in the list of Data Files and therefore I cannot remove
> this Data File. The personal folders works fine with no errors.
>
> When I go to Tools; Options; Mail Setup; Data Files, the data file does
> not appear so I cannot remove it.
>
> When I right click on the folder; Close Personal Folders I get an error
> message; "The Operation Failed. An Object could not be found.
>
> Does anyone have a suggested fix for this problem?

Sounds like you might need a new Mail Profile to fix this. Did you use the
Import function by any chance to import the data from this pst file?

From: Mike-Sion on

'Gordon[_7_ Wrote:
> ;348746']"Mike-Sion" Mike-Sion.6302794(a)outlookbanter.com wrote in
> message
>
> I have a personal folders Data File located on an external drive
> which
> does not appear in the list of Data Files and therefore I cannot
> remove
> this Data File. The personal folders works fine with no errors.
>
> When I go to Tools; Options; Mail Setup; Data Files, the data file
> does
> not appear so I cannot remove it.
>
> When I right click on the folder; Close Personal Folders I get an
> error
> message; "The Operation Failed. An Object could not be found.
>
> Does anyone have a suggested fix for this problem?
> -
>
> Sounds like you might need a new Mail Profile to fix this. Did you use
> the
> Import function by any chance to import the data from this pst file?

Mike-Sion: No I did not import the PST. This error may have occured
because I opened a duplicate copy of this PST by error which was
stored on another drive, so there were two exact copies of the same PST
open at the same time. Any thoughts? Regards, Mike

--
Mike-Sion
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Mike-Sion" <Mike-Sion.6317914(a)outlookbanter.com> wrote in message

> Mike-Sion: No I did not import the PST. This error may have occured
> because I opened a duplicate copy of this PST by error which was
> stored on another drive, so there were two exact copies of the same PST
> open at the same time. Any thoughts? Regards, Mike

Then you need to follow Gordon's advice and create a new mail profile because
you damaged your existing one by deleteing the PST without removing it from
the profile.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]