From: TTK on
I'm running a SBS 2003 R2 and currently have each networked PC setup with an
exchange email account. I have stopped using the exchange email accounts and
would like to setup a (IMAP) Gmail account and I was able to setup the
account through (outlook 2003) tools, account settings and adding a new
account on a laptop that was not networked but when I try this on the
networked PCs it does not work.
I'm going to try to change some server settings but any help would be
appreciated.

--
TTK
From: Duncan McC on
In article <F512405C-D5E6-4465-AFB0-1748EA5DC6C6(a)microsoft.com>,
TTK(a)discussions.microsoft.com says...

> I'm running a SBS 2003 R2 and currently have each networked PC setup with an
> exchange email account. I have stopped using the exchange email accounts and
> would like to setup a (IMAP) Gmail account and I was able to setup the
> account through (outlook 2003) tools, account settings and adding a new
> account on a laptop that was not networked but when I try this on the
> networked PCs it does not work.
> I?m going to try to change some server settings but any help would be
> appreciated.

Should work fine on the network. Are you using ISA (the SBS server)?

--
Duncan.
From: TTK on
Yes I'm running ISA and i'm assuming I need to set ISA to allow Gmail to come
through. I'm also using Trend Micro virus protection but I do not think this
would be blocking anything.
TTK

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"TTK" <TTK(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Yes I'm running ISA and i'm assuming I need to set ISA to allow Gmail to
> come
> through. I'm also using Trend Micro virus protection but I do not think this
> would be blocking anything.

It can if you have it configured to scan email.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Duncan McC on
See if the following articles are of any help to you...

http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/881980-access-imapsmtp-behind-isa/

http://forums.isaserver.org/m_2002098822/mpage_2/tm.htm

(Have a search for imap perhaps, on/at isaserver.org - see if that turns
up any articles - eg.
http://www.isaserver.org/search.asp?s=imap
)

--
Duncan.

In article <A97330B0-54AD-4EEC-8DA4-C695328D1F90(a)microsoft.com>,