From: Stephan on
Has anyone seen this?

I've got a slew of 6938 errors in my MOSS 2007 Enterprise event log. A
check of my Timer Jobs Status shows that my "SharePoint Services
Search Refresh" failed, and my "SharePoint Worker Process Group
Update" shows "Retry."

My error logs show that

"The Execute method of job definition
Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Administration.SPSearchJobDefinition (ID
27ef3606-f944-4e8c-b93b-878d9abb8e96) threw an exception. More
information is included below. System policies must have Full
Control."

Okay, so at minimum it's a control issue. I check Central
Administration > Operations > Services on Server > Windows SharePoint
Services Search Service Settings to make sure I (as the administrator)
am assigned to the search service account, and I am. I double-check
and, for grins, re-log in as the administrator, and I get an error
stating that I need to have "Full Control". What the?!

I double check Central Administration > Application Management >
Policy for Web Application for a few of my web applications, and it
shows that as administrator, I have BOTH "'Full Control,' 'Full
Read.'" Both are checked, but when I uncheck "Full Read," the check
returns! It won't let me uncheck "Full Read."

Any thoughts? Anyone seen this before?