From: Jack B. Pollack on
I have a WinXP SP3 laptop. Even with the wireless network hardware switch
turned off Windows is showing a wireless network name "wireless".

I have File and printer sharing disabled for the wireless card and am not
sharing any resources on the laptop.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Bluetooth?

From: Bert Hyman on
In news:eM44xmbBLHA.4584(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl "Jack B. Pollack"
<N(a)NE.nothing> wrote:

> I have a WinXP SP3 laptop. Even with the wireless network hardware
> switch turned off Windows is showing a wireless network name
> "wireless".

Do you mean the wireless network hardware in your laptop or in your home
network wireless access point/router?

If it's just the latter, you're probably seeing your neighbor's network.

Otherwise ...

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN bert(a)iphouse.com
From: Jack B. Pollack on
BT is disabled. Seeing it in the list of available wireless networks

From: Jack B. Pollack on
Yes, wireless network hardware switch on laptop.