From: Pete on
On 2010-04-26 19:42:14 +0100, rwalker said:

> On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 17:02:48 -0500, "mmyvusenet"
> <mmyvusenet(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
>

>> Vance and Paul, thank you very much for the very interesting answers, I also
>> did another photo I'm showing in the group.
>>
>> --
>> MMYV
>> http://www.mmyv.com
>>

> I like this next one in your album:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4551019563/in/photostream/
>
> The interplay between the two violinists in the foreground is an
> attention grabber.

I know that MMYV does not take me seriously so I hope someone else will
elucidate my observation: both pairs in the forground serve to
highlight the laughter on the face of the girl between them. I doubt
I'll ever manage to take such a powerful image. Stunning.

--
Pete

From: tony cooper on
On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 21:18:39 +0100, Pete
<available.on.request(a)aserver.invalid> wrote:

>On 2010-04-26 19:42:14 +0100, rwalker said:
>
>> On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 17:02:48 -0500, "mmyvusenet"
>> <mmyvusenet(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>

>>> Vance and Paul, thank you very much for the very interesting answers, I also
>>> did another photo I'm showing in the group.
>>>
>>> --
>>> MMYV
>>> http://www.mmyv.com
>>>

>> I like this next one in your album:
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4551019563/in/photostream/
>>
>> The interplay between the two violinists in the foreground is an
>> attention grabber.
>
>I know that MMYV does not take me seriously so I hope someone else will
>elucidate my observation: both pairs in the forground serve to
>highlight the laughter on the face of the girl between them. I doubt
>I'll ever manage to take such a powerful image. Stunning.

This is a case where cross-posting makes sense. I did comment on this
in much the same vein, but in alt.photography. Readers of this group
only will not see that, and readers of that group only will not see
this. These separate entries in each newsgroup are
counter-productive.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: Pete on
On 2010-04-26 23:22:19 +0100, tony cooper said:

> On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 21:18:39 +0100, Pete
> <available.on.request(a)aserver.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On 2010-04-26 19:42:14 +0100, rwalker said:

>>> I like this next one in your album:
>>>
>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4551019563/in/photostream/
>>>
>>> The interplay between the two violinists in the foreground is an
>>> attention grabber.
>>
>> I know that MMYV does not take me seriously so I hope someone else will
>> elucidate my observation: both pairs in the forground serve to
>> highlight the laughter on the face of the girl between them. I doubt
>> I'll ever manage to take such a powerful image. Stunning.
>
> This is a case where cross-posting makes sense. I did comment on this
> in much the same vein, but in alt.photography. Readers of this group
> only will not see that, and readers of that group only will not see
> this. These separate entries in each newsgroup are
> counter-productive.

Which part of "elucidate my observation" did you not understand Tony? I
did not request that you invalidate my observation and sincere praise
by switching the discussion to posting style. Once again, you place
your personal issues above genuine compassion.

--
Pete

From: Tom Hise on
On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 18:22:19 -0400, tony cooper
<tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

>This is a case where cross-posting makes sense. I did comment on this
>in much the same vein, but in alt.photography. Readers of this group
>only will not see that, and readers of that group only will not see
>this. These separate entries in each newsgroup are
>counter-productive.

If people reading this group *wanted* to read posts in alt.photography,
they would subscribe to alt.photography. I only subscribe to groups I
want to read and don't like some fool trying to get me involved in a group
I know nothing about.

Cross posting never makes sense - it just annoys people reading both
groups. I tend to kill all cross-posted threads.

--
Tom Hise
From: tony cooper on
On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 18:31:00 -0500, Tom Hise <nc0o(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 18:22:19 -0400, tony cooper
><tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>>This is a case where cross-posting makes sense. I did comment on this
>>in much the same vein, but in alt.photography. Readers of this group
>>only will not see that, and readers of that group only will not see
>>this. These separate entries in each newsgroup are
>>counter-productive.
>
>If people reading this group *wanted* to read posts in alt.photography,
>they would subscribe to alt.photography.

And that's why cross-posting, in this case, makes sense. You don't
have to subscribe to alt.photography to follow the replies of the
thread. The replies follow the thread regardless of where they are
posted.

>I only subscribe to groups I
>want to read and don't like some fool trying to get me involved in a group
>I know nothing about.

Reading a cross-post doesn't get you involved in another group. You
are only involved in the thread that was posted to the group to which
you subscribe.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last