From: mmyvusenet on
Hello:

Took this photo today in the Historical Center of Lima:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4549198813/

Thanks for your technical comments about photography.

--
MMYV
http://www.mmyv.com

From: LOL! on
On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 22:54:00 -0500, "mmyvusenet"
<mmyvusenet(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:

>Hello:
>
>Took this photo today in the Historical Center of Lima:
>
>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4549198813/
>
>Thanks for your technical comments about photography.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From: Vance on
On Apr 24, 8:54 pm, "mmyvusenet" <mmyvuse...(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
> Hello:
>
> Took this photo today in the Historical Center of Lima:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4549198813/
>
> Thanks for your technical comments about photography.
>
> --
> MMYVhttp://www.mmyv.com

Your composition is improving. You're much better than you were in
the beginning.

Paul mentions the crop being awkward. Maybe yes and maybe no. If you
wanted to emphasize the wedding activity and the people, then showing
them full length or from just above the knees might have been better.
Showing them from the back is legitimate where the subject is the
activity and not the people. Also, I can imagine that there was a pro
shooting and they are going to get the shot of the Bride and Groom
coming and going - not you. You didn't use to include people at all
in the past and you seem to like emphasizing the physical context for
these ceremonies, so this could be a good crop for your intent.

There is perspective is distortion because the sensor plane is not
parallel to the subject plane vertically. You probably tipped the
camera up to catch more of the church and this would be the result. I
don't know anything about the software you used for processing, but,
if it has correction for this type of problem, it could be corrected
nicely (I think).

Your White Balance is set for tungsten. I suspect that the lighting
in the church is high output flourescent with a color temperature a
lot higher than the 2850 (or so) the Canon will give you set to
tungsten and that would create the very blue cast. Today, everybody,
Catholic Church included, is saving money by switching to fluorescent
lights where applicable. It never hurts to check what type of
artificial light is being used and setting your camera to that.

Exposure for a shot lit like this can be a problem. Your camera came
up with a decent compromise on the metering, but, with all the direct
light sources in the frame it is a little underexposed. You might try
using 'Center Weighted' metering under similar lighting conditions
next time and see if that gets you a little closer. Bryan Peterson's
'Understanding Exposure' is a pretty good book and might be available
in Spanish.

Something to keep in mind when shooting subjects where the viewer has
a very clear idea of how things should look, you need to get those
right. In this shot, because of the lighting, the best overall
lighting for the picture is going to underexpose the wedding dress and
make it a shade of gray. If the dress were some other color, even a
clearly tinted white, the under exposure wouldn't be as noticeable
because the viewer doesn't have the same, or maybe any expectation,
for the actual color. With a virginal white wedding gown, the gown
has to be white. I don't think your software has the ability to do
local enhancements like that (making the gown white), so you may want
to consider something like Photoshop Elements. Also, skin tones have
to be natural looking. I didn't say accurate, which is a different
thing all together.

Vance

From: mmyvusenet on
"Vance" <vance.lear(a)gmail.com> escribi� en el mensaje de
noticias:e6a870ee-10fe-4e47-a0bc-66ce84d37ce1(a)a39g2000prb.googlegroups.com...
> [...]
> in Spanish.
>
> Something to keep in mind when shooting subjects where the viewer has
> a very clear idea of how things should look, you need to get those
> right. In this shot, because of the lighting, the best overall
> lighting for the picture is going to underexpose the wedding dress and
> make it a shade of gray. If the dress were some other color, even a
> clearly tinted white, the under exposure wouldn't be as noticeable
> because the viewer doesn't have the same, or maybe any expectation,
> for the actual color. With a virginal white wedding gown, the gown
> has to be white. I don't think your software has the ability to do
> local enhancements like that (making the gown white), so you may want
> to consider something like Photoshop Elements. Also, skin tones have
> to be natural looking. I didn't say accurate, which is a different

Vance and Paul, thank you very much for the very interesting answers, I also
did another photo I'm showing in the group.

--
MMYV
http://www.mmyv.com

From: rwalker on
On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 17:02:48 -0500, "mmyvusenet"
<mmyvusenet(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:

>Vance and Paul, thank you very much for the very interesting answers, I also
>did another photo I'm showing in the group.
>
>--
>MMYV
>http://www.mmyv.com

I like this next one in your album:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4551019563/in/photostream/

The interplay between the two violinists in the foreground is an
attention grabber.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Hi , Cheap sony and panasonic Hifi
Next: LI-50B