From: Bill Bradshaw on
System:

800 Mhz Pentium III
512 Megs Memory
Nvidia 6600 256 Meg Video Card
WinXP Pro SP2 w/All Current Patches
HP R80xi All-In-One

All of sudden I am having problems (previously worked fine) scanning colored
images into PhotoImpact 7. I can scan black and white and grayscale without
a problem. When I scan color I can preview fine but when I scan the full
image PhotoImpact quits responding, CPU usage goes to 100%, and I get an
error message for the u32scan.dll of:

Twain error. [T009] Error enabling the TWAIN data source. [T020]

I have searched all over and can not find any help.

I can scan colored images into Iranview and Xnview without problems.

I have seen the latest issues with the Microsoft patches and HP equipment.
Even though the issues do not seem to apply to my setup I did patch the
registry.

Can somebody here help me or direct me to a source of help.

--
<Bill>

Brought to you from beautiful Unalaska/Dutch Harbor, Alaska.
N 53? 51.140' W 166? 30.228' (WGS 84)

From: CSM1 on
"Bill Bradshaw" <bradshaw(a)arctic.net> wrote in message
> System:
>
> 800 Mhz Pentium III
> 512 Megs Memory
> Nvidia 6600 256 Meg Video Card
> WinXP Pro SP2 w/All Current Patches
> HP R80xi All-In-One
>
> All of sudden I am having problems (previously worked fine) scanning
> colored images into PhotoImpact 7. I can scan black and white and
> grayscale without a problem. When I scan color I can preview fine but
> when I scan the full image PhotoImpact quits responding, CPU usage goes to
> 100%, and I get an error message for the u32scan.dll of:
>
> Twain error. [T009] Error enabling the TWAIN data source. [T020]
>
> I have searched all over and can not find any help.
>
> I can scan colored images into Iranview and Xnview without problems.
>
> I have seen the latest issues with the Microsoft patches and HP equipment.
> Even though the issues do not seem to apply to my setup I did patch the
> registry.
>
> Can somebody here help me or direct me to a source of help.
>
> --
> <Bill>
>
> Brought to you from beautiful Unalaska/Dutch Harbor, Alaska.
> N 53? 51.140' W 166? 30.228' (WGS 84)

Since your problem seems to be with PhotoImpact 7 only, I suggest that you
may have a corrupted file in PhotoImpact 7. (the 100% CPU is a tip off).

You should uninstall PhotoImpact 7, reboot, then re-install PhotoImpact 7
from the original installation CD.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com