From: Scotius on
On 21 Aug 2006 04:46:16 GMT, doopydoo <doopy(a)doo.com> wrote:

>it's just an observation but i see a majority die hard photographers are
>loners

I rode up to this girl downtown once, on my bike. We conversed
for a bit and she said "Ah, a loner", and I said "Nah, I own it".
From: Savageduck on
On 2010-07-15 14:41:27 -0700, Scotius <yodasbud(a)mnsi.net> said:

> On 21 Aug 2006 04:46:16 GMT, doopydoo <doopy(a)doo.com> wrote:
>
>> it's just an observation but i see a majority die hard photographers are
>> loners
>
> I rode up to this girl downtown once, on my bike. We conversed
> for a bit and she said "Ah, a loner", and I said "Nah, I own it".

Still digging up ancient threads?
This one started 4 years ago.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: Grimly Curmudgeon on
drugs began to take hold. I remember Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> saying something like:

>> I rode up to this girl downtown once, on my bike. We conversed
>> for a bit and she said "Ah, a loner", and I said "Nah, I own it".
>
>Still digging up ancient threads?
>This one started 4 years ago.

The Institution has a very slow connection.
From: Scotius on
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 20:40:34 -0700, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>On 2010-07-15 14:41:27 -0700, Scotius <yodasbud(a)mnsi.net> said:
>
>> On 21 Aug 2006 04:46:16 GMT, doopydoo <doopy(a)doo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> it's just an observation but i see a majority die hard photographers are
>>> loners
>>
>> I rode up to this girl downtown once, on my bike. We conversed
>> for a bit and she said "Ah, a loner", and I said "Nah, I own it".
>
>Still digging up ancient threads?
>This one started 4 years ago.

I use a newsreader for my newsgroups, and I just subscribed to
this group a couple weeks or so ago.
Whoever has the server that I get the groups from has a very
long retention time, especially for text newsgroups, and if I recall
correctly, the first messages I was sifting through were from 2005.
There were still a lot of relevant messages from that time
though, so I've sifted through carefully to get what I can that might
benefit a camera user new to DSLRs, and fairly new to photography in
general, although I do manage to take some good shots for a local
magazine which I work for.
I don't mean to dredge up old threads, but I do occassionally
see something interesting or funny and decide to reply to it.
This will be greatly lessened now, at least on this group,
since I finally just finished getting to the last of the available
messages on it.
From: Scotius on
On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 12:57:36 +0100, Grimly Curmudgeon
<grimly4REMOVE(a)REMOVEgmail.com> wrote:

>We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the
>drugs began to take hold. I remember Savageduck
><savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> saying something like:
>
>>> I rode up to this girl downtown once, on my bike. We conversed
>>> for a bit and she said "Ah, a loner", and I said "Nah, I own it".
>>
>>Still digging up ancient threads?
>>This one started 4 years ago.
>
>The Institution has a very slow connection.

Did I ruin your day by replying to an old thread Grimly?