From: Scotius on
I'm already a policy holder with All State, so maybe that's
why, but I'm pretty happy with it...
From: ray on
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 14:24:02 -0400, Scotius wrote:

> I'm already a policy holder with All State, so maybe that's why, but I'm
> pretty happy with it...

Yeah - hell of a deal. OTOH, I've gone my entire adult life without ever
needing anything like that, so I've saved over $600.
From: Savageduck on
On 2010-07-15 11:24:02 -0700, Scotius <yodasbud(a)mnsi.net> said:

> I'm already a policy holder with All State, so maybe that's
> why, but I'm pretty happy with it...

As I stated in my response to your over x-posted to alt.photography;

What coverage are they providing for your $14, that your renters policy
for your property does not cover?

I have an Allstate homeowners policy, and they covered me for my D300,
18-200mm VRII, Promote GPS, CF cards & other extras when they were
stolen on a trip to South Africa this last December. Allstate did not
require an additional premium, or policy rider, only proof of purchase,
and a police report.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: Nervous Nick on
On Jul 15, 2:10 pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
> On 2010-07-15 11:24:02 -0700, Scotius <yodas...(a)mnsi.net> said:
>
> >    I'm already a policy holder with All State, so maybe that's
> > why, but I'm pretty happy with it...
>
> As I stated in my response to your over x-posted to alt.photography;
>
> What coverage are they providing for your $14, that your renters policy
> for your property does not cover?

They are covering the indivitual item, with no deductible. If
something happens to his camera he will be fully reimbursed, up to
replacement cost.

If he claims it on his renters insurance, most likely it would be
subject to a $500 (or whatever) deductible that is standard with most
renters policies.

From: Savageduck on
On 2010-07-16 19:49:13 -0700, Nervous Nick <nervous.nick(a)gmail.com> said:

> On Jul 15, 2:10�pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>> On 2010-07-15 11:24:02 -0700, Scotius <yodas...(a)mnsi.net> said:
>>
>>> � �I'm already a policy holder with All State, so maybe that's
>>> why, but I'm pretty happy with it...
>>
>> As I stated in my response to your over x-posted to alt.photography;
>>
>> What coverage are they providing for your $14, that your renters policy
>> for your property does not cover?
>
> They are covering the indivitual item, with no deductible. If
> something happens to his camera he will be fully reimbursed, up to
> replacement cost.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. Have you read the coverage he has
been provided.

> If he claims it on his renters insurance, most likely it would be
> subject to a $500 (or whatever) deductible that is standard with most
> renters policies.

In the case of my Allstate Home Owner's insurance claim the deductible
was $250.

However, regardless of me providing proof of my costs for the items
stolen, Allstate compensated on actual retail list price. This put me
ahead of the game even after the deductible and depreciation (which was
recoverable). I was able to upgrade to a D300s, and replace the
18-200mm VRII for less than my original cost.
< http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/Allstate-CES.jpg >
ID information has been redacted.

--
Regards,