From: Scotius on
On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 20:22:49 -0400, tony cooper
<tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

>On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 19:57:31 -0400, "Peter"
><peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:
>
>>"Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message

>>> Yup. I thought that by providing evidence of my experience others might
>>> benefit.
>>> I have nothing but good things to say about the way Allstate handled my
>>> claim.
>>>
>>> There is the side benefit of making these purchases online. I had complete
>>> documentation of all my transactions, the D300 + lens, the BlackRapid
>>> strap, 16GB CF card, and Promote GPS.
>>> Also, I took the time to report the theft to local police in Cape Town,
>>> South Africa, and got a copy of the initial report and a report from the
>>> assigned investigator. So if you ever find your self in this situation,
>>> take a deep breath and get all your ducks in a row before making that call
>>> to your insurance company.
>>

>>A bout five years ago I had an "interesting" conversation with an Allstate
>>representative. One of their insured's drove his car into my living room.
>>The representative wanted my version of the accident. I started by saying I
>>as carefully and slowly driving my house, looking in both directions. It
>>took several minutes before this idiot got my point. Oh! Yes I too had a
>>replacement cost policy and I was fully reimbursed. I even received my
>>deductible back.
>
>That must be the same claims adjuster who asked my wife how fast she
>was driving when his client hit my wife's parked car in the mall
>parking lot. She was in the mall at the time. On foot.

Claims adjusters make their money by getting the people whose
claims they adjust to drop the value of their claims. They get a
percentage of it.
It's a clear conflict of interest that should not be allowed
to continue, but it does because it benefits the wealthy who own
insurance companies, and who are crooks from the bottoms of their
smelly little feet to the tops of their evil-thinking little heads.
From: Scotius on
On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 13:38:30 -0400, "Neil Harrington"
<nobody(a)homehere.net> wrote:

>tony cooper wrote:
>> On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 19:57:31 -0400, "Peter"
>> <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:
>>
>>> "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message

>>> A bout five years ago I had an "interesting" conversation with an
>>> Allstate representative. One of their insured's drove his car into
>>> my living room. The representative wanted my version of the
>>> accident. I started by saying I as carefully and slowly driving my
>>> house, looking in both directions. It took several minutes before
>>> this idiot got my point. Oh! Yes I too had a replacement cost policy
>>> and I was fully reimbursed. I even received my deductible back.
>>
>> That must be the same claims adjuster who asked my wife how fast she
>> was driving when his client hit my wife's parked car in the mall
>> parking lot. She was in the mall at the time. On foot.
>
>I had similar questions from the investigating cop when my car, in its
>parking space, was rammed by some young punk about 2 a.m. He must have
>accelerated pretty hard to get up that much speed in a short space, because
>the impact shoved the rear of my Galaxie, a full-sized car, several feet to
>the side, stopping only when the right rear wheel hit a curb. Damage was
>considerable, and not just sheet metal.
>
>Even after my explaining that I was up in my apartment at the time, my car
>was parked in its parking space, and I only came down after hearing the
>sound of the collision, the cop asked me how fast I was driving. I suppose
>these questions are on a standard form and the investigator simply asks them
>in order, whether that makes any sense or not.

Like the survey question Jay Leno got from his cable
company.... "Are you a man or a woman" and the answer choices were
"Yes" or "No".
Well? Are you a man or a woman, yes or no?!?!?