From: Laurie on
Graham, the problem is that we can't change the duration of photos that are
already IN the timeline.

How do you change the duration of pictures that are already in the timeline?

From: John Inzer on
Laurie wrote:
> Graham, the problem is that we can't change the duration of photos
> that are already IN the timeline.
>
> How do you change the duration of pictures that are already in the
> timeline?
==============================
As you have discovered...the setting change
at: Tools / Options / Advanced tab...only applies
to clips added to the timeline *after* you change
the setting.

Two alternatives...

#1) If you switch to 'Storyboard' view and select
all the clips as a batch (select one and type...
Ctrl+A)...you can add the "Speed Up, Double"
or "Slow Down, Half" effect to change the
duration. Just select all the clips / right click
the Effect and from the menu...choose...
Add To Storyboard.

"Speed Up, Double" cuts the duration in half.

"Slow Down, Half" doubles the duration.

These effects can be added up to six times.

#2) If you need a more accurate adjustment...
the following info might be useful:

You can change the duration for each clip
manually. Move your pointer around on the
edge of a clip until you see a double red
arrow. Now drag the double red arrow...
you'll see a tooltip that shows the duration
changing.

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience