From: Kieran* on
Hi. I've been putting together a powerpoint 2003 slideshow purely with images
for use in a theatre production (projections). All was fine and I had been
fine tuning the presentation however this morning I found that the
presentation had dropped an image from the slideshow. Powerpoint will not let
me insert this image again and if I try it on a new slide or even a new
presentation the image will not insert. I can view the JPEG image on many
microsoft programs and I had been viewing it with no problems before this
morning. Very frustrating. Any help would be great. Thanks. Kieran*
From: Michael Koerner on
What error message are you receiving when you try to insert the picture.
What steps are you taking to insert the picture.

--
Michael Koerner
MS MVP - PowerPoint

From: Kieran* on
I do not get an error message as such just an empty slide with a red cross in
it where the picture was.

Kieran*

From: Kieran* on
Sorry I forgot these details. I have tried to re-insert the picture into the
original slide that is now empty, I have deleted the slide and tried a new
slide and then tried to insert the picture, I have also tried a new
presentation where I have created new slides inserted other images (from the
original presentation) which are fine but the missing image will not load? I
can view the troublesome picture in other microsoft programs.

Kieran*

From: Luc on
Kieran,
The infamous red-x, see if reading this article helps:
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00064.htm
MVP - Luc Sanders