From: PrecisionmachinisT on

"sittingduck" <duck(a)spamherelots.com> wrote in message

> I agree with part of what you're saying. Eating the WHOLE food is usually
> better.

I've taken a definate prefrence to steamed frozen ( As opposed to canned )
veggies lately--IMO the quality has improved quite a bit over the last
decade or so and a nice thing is there's hardly any waste--take what you
want, reseal the bag with a twisty tie and put the rest back into the
freezer...

But if the fresh is reasonably priced I will definately use them
instead--carrots, broc, onions, peppers......and there's no problem with
adding say a handful of frozen veggies to the mess maybe some peas or
lima....a little butter or olive oil after cooking perhaps a splash of lemon
juice, some salt and pepper, parsley flakes..etc...

From: Cliff on
On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 14:00:11 -0400, "Existential Angst"
<UNfitcat(a)UNoptonline.net> wrote:

>One day I'll juice 2 qts of OJ from oranges, and see how the cost of those
>goddamm oranges compares to the $2.50 you pay for Tropicana et al. I'll bet
>the juicing costs $7.50.

But in parts of CA you can steal fruit from the neighbors & farmers.

The question is about the wheels on the juicer ....
--
Cliff
From: Cliff on
On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 14:00:11 -0400, "Existential Angst"
<UNfitcat(a)UNoptonline.net> wrote:

>Not saying juicing is going to kill you, or that it is bad PER SE -- in some
>limited special cases it might have a distinct benefit, as there is nothing
>at all wrong with the *juice itself*.
>BUT, as an overall diet/eating *strategy and behavior*, for the vast
>majority of people juicing is not only pointless, it is distinctly
>counterproductive.

Fruits found in stores may have insecticides & waxes & etc. on their
skins. Processed fruit juice is at least from washed
fresh fruits & is probably inspected for insecticide content.
--
Cliff
From: Cliff on
On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 14:00:11 -0400, "Existential Angst"
<UNfitcat(a)UNoptonline.net> wrote:

>Or idiots like jb feeling like mebbe less of an idiot.

He's already a fruit.
--
Cliff
From: Cliff on
On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 14:00:11 -0400, "Existential Angst"
<UNfitcat(a)UNoptonline.net> wrote:

>2. Is nutritionally inferior to the whole food

Often most of the food value is in the rind though.
--
Cliff