From: Wayne-I-M on
Hi

This may not be possible but ....... :-) and also may be the wrong place to
ask but many people on here seem to know lots about things like this, so....

I have a number of FP websites and I need to know when the server is down or
working - it's does seem to be down a lot ???
I have a small DLL set up that checks when my internet connection is up and
running and when it's not.

This is the DLL

:TOP
@echo off
for /f "delims=." %%X in ('ping -n 1 google.com') do if "%%X"=="Request
timed out" (echo %date% %time% >> C:\pingfail.txt)
sleep 300
GOTO TOP

All this does is to ping google and tell me if the ping comes back or not.
I have set up an access database to collect the info and created a report - I
know it could be done in excel but I write access all the time so it's just
simpler for me that way.

OK - can the code above be altered or something else written to do this. ???

There is a site that I have been looking at and it has an option group
(dropdown) that has months (as text).
June
July
August
etc
etc

Is there any way that I can ping this site to know when the text March
appears in the option group.

I can set up the ping to run every 10 mins or so.

Any ideas - can it be done ?

--
Wayne
Manchester, England.

From: Wayne-I-M on
Or (just a thought) has anyone ever set up windows scheduler to run internet
explorer, refresh a website (could make it the default) and then check of a
item of text in the source

ha ha ha like I said may not be possible.

I hope it is

--
Wayne
Manchester, England.

From: Jon Spivey on
What language are you using? It should be easy enough to connect to a site
read the HTML and check for a character, eg in asp
<%
set xmlhttp = CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")
xmlhttp.open "GET", "http://google.com", false
xmlhttp.send ""
if instr(xmlhttp.responseText, "whatever") > 0 then
' do something
end if
%>

If you wanted to schedule this via windows you could make it a .vbs file
then set it up through task scheduler.

Cheers,
Jon

Pages: 1