From: noramcwill on
On Dec 18, 1:52 pm, ANT...(a)zimage.com (Ant) wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I am debating on which SATA DVD+CD burner to get for my next computer
> upgrade. I am still using my old Plextor CD burner and it is time to
> retire it and go DVD! Which one would you pick -- PioneerDVR-212DD or
> Sony/NEC (AD-7220S-0B or AD-7200S-0B)? They cost about 30 bucks.
>
> I will be doing CD and DVD burning (copy, importing with multiple
> sessions, copy CDs and DVDs, etc.). I do have an old IDE/PATA DVD-ROM
> drive for playing music, watching movies, being source when copying
> discs, etc.
>
> Any recommendations? Thank you in advance. :)
> --
> "Even the sharpest ear cannot hear an ant singing." --Sudanese
>   /\___/\
>  / /\ /\ \                Ant @http://antfarm.ma.cx(Personal Web Site)
> | |o   o| |          Ant's Quality Foraged Links (AQFL):http://aqfl.net
>    \ _ /                          Please nuke ANT if replying by e-mail.
>     ( )
....and if you're looking for completely FREE CD/DVD & Blu-Ray/HD-DVD
burning application you're welcomed to give a try to [url=http://
rocketdivision.com/starburn.html] [/url] from [url=http://
rocketdivision.com]Rocket Division Software[/url]. Just in case here's
an URL: http://www.rocketdivision.com/starburn.html

Thanks!

Nora Mc Will

From: Ant on
On 12/19/2008 12:10 AM PT, OZZY Boy typed:

>> I am debating on which SATA DVD+CD burner to get for my next computer
>> upgrade. I am still using my old Plextor CD burner and it is time to
>> retire it and go DVD! Which one would you pick -- PioneerDVR-212DD or
>> Sony/NEC (AD-7220S-0B or AD-7200S-0B)? They cost about 30 bucks.
>>
>> I will be doing CD and DVD burning (copy, importing with multiple
>> sessions, copy CDs and DVDs, etc.). I do have an old IDE/PATA DVD-ROM
>> drive for playing music, watching movies, being source when copying
>> discs, etc.
>>
>> Any recommendations? Thank you in advance. :)
>

> I have a PioneerDVR-212D but all others are in black here, works ok but have only had it a few
> months, it did burn a dual layer DVD ok, would no see a no name brand of CD-RW but that is a old
> one, all other disks have burnt fine, its also badged as a Plextor.

Wow, Plextor? I love Plextor. I have my old Plextor PX-W1210 PlexWriter
(12/10/32A; IDE). I hope this Pioneer is good as my soon to be retired
Plextor CD burner. :)

> Used it to replace a old 1300 NEC that stopped wiring to all RW disks.
>
> Check the reviews as this one did get great reviews..
>

> If you can't find them Please let me know.

I have a source. Thanks for the offer though. :)
--
"What is this? A center for ants?!" "...What?" "How can we be expected
to teach children to learn how read, if they can't even fit inside the
\ _ / Nuke ANT from e-mail address: philpi(a)earthlink.netANT
( ) or ANTant(a)zimage.com
From: Ant on
On 12/19/2008 1:03 AM PT, noramcwill(a)gmail.com typed:

>> I am debating on which SATA DVD+CD burner to get for my next computer
>> upgrade. I am still using my old Plextor CD burner and it is time to
>> retire it and go DVD! Which one would you pick -- PioneerDVR-212DD or
>> Sony/NEC (AD-7220S-0B or AD-7200S-0B)? They cost about 30 bucks.
>>
>> I will be doing CD and DVD burning (copy, importing with multiple
>> sessions, copy CDs and DVDs, etc.). I do have an old IDE/PATA DVD-ROM
>> drive for playing music, watching movies, being source when copying
>> discs, etc.
>>
>> Any recommendations? Thank you in advance. :)

> ...and if you're looking for completely FREE CD/DVD & Blu-Ray/HD-DVD
> burning application you're welcomed to give a try to [url=http://
> rocketdivision.com/starburn.html] [/url] from [url=http://
> rocketdivision.com]Rocket Division Software[/url]. Just in case here's
> an URL: http://www.rocketdivision.com/starburn.html

Thank. I have v10 already. ;)
--
"I love ants. Do they have uncles? Ha Ha!" --Elmo from Sesame Street
(unknown episode)
From: Rod Speed on
Ant wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Ant wrote

>>> I am debating on which SATA DVD+CD burner to get for my next
>>> computer upgrade. I am still using my old Plextor CD burner and it
>>> is time to retire it and go DVD! Which one would you pick --
>>> PioneerDVR-212DD or Sony/NEC (AD-7220S-0B or AD-7200S-0B)? They cost about 30 bucks.

>> Neither. I prefer LGs, they arent as fussy about the media.

>>> I will be doing CD and DVD burning (copy, importing with multiple
>>> sessions, copy CDs and DVDs, etc.). I do have an old IDE/PATA
>>> DVD-ROM drive for playing music, watching movies, being source when copying discs, etc.

>> Its generally better to have the DVD burner as the source now.

> But I will have to swap discs during copy. :(

You have to put both disks in some drive at sometime anyway.

> I just want to do direct copy from CD/DVD drive to the burner.

Pointless now.

> That is how I did it with my old Plextor CD burner drive.

Doesnt mean that you have to keep doing the same thing forever.

From: Rod Speed on
Ant wrote
> Rod Speed wrote

>>> Hi all.

>> All slashed his wrists, he got too many posts.

> Eh? I don't get your joke.

Your problem.

>>> I am debating on which SATA DVD+CD burner to get for my next
>>> computer upgrade. I am still using my old Plextor CD burner and it
>>> is time to retire it and go DVD! Which one would you pick --
>>> PioneerDVR-212DD or Sony/NEC (AD-7220S-0B or AD-7200S-0B)? They cost about 30 bucks.

>> Neither. I prefer LGs, they arent as fussy about the media.

> What media problems did you run into with Pioneer and Sony/NEC drives that I mentioned?

They're more fussy about the media they are happy to burn.

> I don't buy cheap nobrand discs. I do buy brand names like TDK, Memorex, Sony, etc.

Those two drives wont always burn those.