From: YY san. on
Hi,
I know this is rather simple, but I just could not get it right. I have this
data:

Expenese Type Amt Scenario
Staff cost 200 Budget
Admin cost 75 Budget
Office rent 5000 Budget
Staff cost 100 Actual
Admin cost 45 Actual
Office rent 300 Actual
I am able to get the difference using the pivot table "Difference from", but
it only showed that single column. I would like my pivot table to show:

Expenese Type Budget Actual Variance
Staff cost 200 100 100
Admin cost 75 45 30
Office rent 5000 300 4700

Appreciate all guidance and hints.
Thanks!
From: trip_to_tokyo on
EXCEL 2007

I have just put up a file for you at:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

Item number 95 (towards the top of my home page at the time of posting).

This appears to give you what you want.

If you agree please hit Yes.

Thanks.

From: Ashish Mathur on
Hi,

You should convert the items under the Scenario column I.e. Budget and
Actual to columns instead. After the restructuring, there would be 4
columns in your source data - Expenses type, Amt, Base and Actual. Now
create a pivot from this and then you may write a calculated field

--
Regards,

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP