From: Peter Keller on
Daniel Valio <includedmvalio.h(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Please, stop spamming. This is not a very active group normally, and
> with those spammers we cannot even discuss problems and etc.
> Please, make Usenet groups usable again. It is getting very very
> difficult to discuss anything on here.

Your message will fall on deaf ears to spammers. They don't care, or
probably don't even know what their off the shelf spamming software
is actually spamming.

My humble advice is: Stop using google groups and get a real news
reader like tin and subscribe to a newsfeed at someplace like
www.eternal-september.org (free) if you don't have access to a well
managed news feed locally.

After a few days setting up your killfile on a real news reader and
subscribing to a news server that cares, you'll probably see one spam
message a day or less in any group you actively read.

Later.

-pete

From: Captain Obvious on
I'm using news.sunsite.dk and I get almost no spam. Few messages once a week
or so is not a problem.

You're crying about saving Usenet on Google Groups. This is pathetic. Why
can't you use real Usenet?

You can register news.sunsite.dk account here:

http://dotsrc.org/usenet/

From: w_a_x_man on
How about a DOS attack?
From: George Neuner on
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 07:35:15 -0700 (PDT), w_a_x_man
<w_a_x_man(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>How about a DOS attack?

Most spam comes from bot networks hosted by innocent users or from
free email accounts which are abandoned if/when the provider notices
the activity. A DOS attack, even if successful, likely would hurt
only innocent people.

I've always liked the idea of releasing a vaccination worm or trojan
horse ... a program that would seek out and kill botnets and prevent
them from reinfecting a host. I read that CERT had considered such a
program, but abandoned the idea because even such a well intentioned
worm would be illegal in many places.

George
From: Haris Bogdanovi� on
> Your message will fall on deaf ears to spammers. They don't care, or
> probably don't even know what their off the shelf spamming software
> is actually spamming.

As you know all that you are possibly a spammer, are you ?