From: Milhouse Van Houten on
Hi Merv,

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs&tid=18bf4b8f-fcd1-4bc7-a079-26a7444938ae&cat=&lang=&cr=&sloc=&p=1

Do you remember that old thread? I have the same problem as SolveIT, and
like him, TSAppCompat is already at 0.

However, later on he revealed that TSEnabled=1 solved the problem for him,
to which you replied "Now if we can just figure out how TSENabled
got set to 0 in the first place."

Ours is 0 as well -- but isn't that the default? Can you check on your
SBS2003 system please? I'll change it to 1 if that's correct, but the best
I can find is that 0 is the default. Anything to solve this problem, though.

Thanks

From: Chris Puckett [MSFT] on
TSEnabled will be set to 0 if Terminal Services has been disabled.

TSEnabled - Indicates whether Terminal Services is enabled or not.
Type: REG_DWORD
Data value: 0x1 Enabled
Data value: 0x0 Disabled

There are two ways I can think of to do this in the UI (looks like it may
require a reboot for the change in the registry to take place)

1. Start - Admin Tools - Terminal Services Configuration - Connections -
Right-click RDP-TCP and go to All Tasks- Disable.

2. Properties of My Computer - Remote tab - Uncheck 'enable remote
desktop...'

--
Chris Puckett

From: Al Williams on
On our SBS 2003 SP2 TSAppCompat=0 and TSEnabled=1 so I would change
TSEnabled to 1 and reboot.

--
Allan Williams

From: Milhouse Van Houten on
Yes, TSEnabled most definitely should be on 1, and it is the default, which
is not exactly the easiest thing to determine without asking. Wonky things
happen to the UI if either it or the other one is flipped. It's unfortunate
that we inadvertently did just that to one of them. Thanks.