From: Mikhail on
Until recently I was employed at Microsoft (where I worked for 9
years) doing customer & market research. Now that I am in between jobs
I am pursuing a research subject on my own about how recessions impact
the technology industry that Microsoft was ever that interested in.

If you think this study I am conducting about how the global recession
is (or is not) impacting enterprise and consumer IT plans would be
interesting to the readers of your blog, please feel free to post the
URL.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=Co3CDMHC47_2fTCyYvGNSa_2fA_3d_3d&c=266

I will be making the results freely available on my own blog
(www.surkan.com) in the coming weeks. I am doing this as part of my
own private research effort, and it isn't being done on the behalf of
any corporations or clients.

I don't have any fancy prizes, or incentives, to offer people for
taking the survey (i.e. I don't have any kind of research budget), but
I can promise the reward that comes from helping your fellow man, and
making the world a better place.

Ok, that's a little over the top� But survey participants will be
helping the tech industry understand how to better meet their needs in
a changed world. If nothing else, the results of this study should
prove to be an interesting read for anyone. :)

By the way, I am willing to share the raw results with you (in Excel
spreadsheet form) if you have any interest in writing up your own
stories.

Thanks,
Michael Surkan

P.S. This survey is designed so that people who say they have an IT
related job will be shown enterprise-type questions. Everyone else
will see questions about technology spending in the home. Participants
are free to take the survey twice if they are particularly ambitious,
answering both the enterprise and consumer IT sections.
From: Martijn van Ackooij on
On 6 aug, 19:38, Mikhail <msur...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> Until recently I was employed at Microsoft (where I worked for 9
> years) doing customer & market research. Now that I am in between jobs
> I am pursuing a research subject on my own about how recessions impact
> the technology industry that Microsoft was ever that interested in.
>
> If you think this study I am conducting about how the global recession
> is (or is not) impacting enterprise and consumer IT plans would be
> interesting to the readers of your blog, please feel free to post the
> URL.
>
> http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=Co3CDMHC47_2fTCyYvGNSa_2fA_3d_3....
>
> I will be making the results freely available on my own blog
> (www.surkan.com) in the coming weeks. I am doing this as part of my
> own private research effort, and it isn't being done on the behalf of
> any corporations or clients.
>
> I don't have any fancy prizes, or incentives, to offer people for
> taking the survey (i.e. I don't have any kind of research budget), but
> I can promise the reward that comes from helping your fellow man, and
> making the world a better place.
>
> Ok, that's a little over the top… But survey participants will be
> helping the tech industry understand how to better meet their needs in
> a changed world. If nothing else, the results of this study should
> prove to be an interesting read for anyone. :)
>
> By the way, I am willing to share the raw results with you  (in Excel
> spreadsheet form) if you have any interest in writing up your own
> stories.
>
> Thanks,
> Michael Surkan
>
> P.S. This survey is designed so that people who say they have an IT
> related job will be shown enterprise-type questions. Everyone else
> will see questions about technology spending in the home. Participants
> are free to take the survey twice if they are particularly ambitious,
> answering both the enterprise and consumer IT sections.

it has!

Pages: 1
Prev: XP toys
Next: Mobile broadband?