From: John Adair on
We finally made an assembly slot and built the 4 remaining Polmaddie
CPLD and FPGA boards. These very low cost CPLD and FPGA boards will
sell to universities and colleges in prices as low as $30-40. One off
pricing starts at $60-70.

The concept is a bit different to that offered by most development
board vendors and we have 5 solutions, from 4 different CPLD/FPGA
vendors, allowing you to evaluate differnt tool flows or even
different technologies with a common feature set.

More details http://www.enterpoint.co.uk/polmaddie/polmaddie_family.html.

Polmaddie1 is shipping already. Polmaddie 3 should start shipping next
week. Polmaddie2 should be shipping next. We are doing a low cost USB
programmer for this board and that is a 2-3 weeks away. Polmaddie4 and
Polmaddie5 will be a little longer as we need to do some work on low
cost programming solutions for them.

John Adair
Enterpoint Ltd.
From: Patrick Maupin on
On Apr 21, 10:59 am, John Adair <g...(a)enterpoint.co.uk> wrote:
> We finally made an assembly slot and built the 4 remaining Polmaddie
> CPLD and FPGA boards. These very low cost CPLD and FPGA boards will
> sell to universities and colleges in prices as low as $30-40. One off
> pricing starts at $60-70.
>
> The concept is a bit different to that offered by most development
> board vendors and we have 5 solutions, from 4 different CPLD/FPGA
> vendors, allowing you to evaluate differnt tool flows or even
> different technologies with a common feature set.
>
> More detailshttp://www.enterpoint.co.uk/polmaddie/polmaddie_family.html.
>
> Polmaddie1 is shipping already. Polmaddie 3 should start shipping next
> week. Polmaddie2 should be shipping next. We are doing a low cost USB
> programmer for this board and that is a 2-3 weeks away. Polmaddie4 and
> Polmaddie5 will be a little longer as we need to do some work on low
> cost programming solutions for them.
>
> John Adair
> Enterpoint Ltd.

I didn't see which Spartan-3 is on the Polmaddie 3.

Thanks,
Pat
From: John Adair on
It is a XC3S50AN on the Polmaddie3 so it's quite a useful board even
beyond the target of the educational market. It's my personal
favourite of the 5 boards but they all have different things to show.

It is worth saying all of these boards can be powered from the USB
port and the jack on board is just for convenience.

John Adair
Enterpoint Ltd.