From: Mommybear on
I have created a form that is populated from a query. I have a text box set
up as an input box and click a button (Search) to execute the search. This
appears to be working fine as the query opens and runs. However, it displays
in the query in data format instead of in the Form I created. How do I get
this information to populate the form, not the actual query. The Search
button is set to RunQuery.
From: anthony on
On Apr 19, 7:07 pm, Mommybear <Mommyb...(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> I have created a form that is populated from a query.  I have a text box set
> up as an input box and click a button (Search) to execute the search.  This
> appears to be working fine as the query opens and runs.  However, it displays
> in the query in data format instead of in the Form I created.  How do I get
> this information to populate the form, not the actual query.  The Search
> button is set to RunQuery.

If I understand you correctly, you have based the form on the query ie
the form displays the data returned by the query. If so, use a combo
box on the form (when you drop the combo control on the form, the
wizard will guide you). This will take you to the record you want
From: Mommybear on
There are multiple records that can be returned. Here is an example.

Type Name Location New
A camera 1st floor 1
B camera 2nd floor 0
A camera 3rd floor 1

My input is to query on the Type and return all records with that type:
Input = 'A' should return on the Form:
Type Location New
A 1st floor 1
A 3rd floor 1

I have hundreds of types, therefore a Combo box would not work.

From: Daryl S on
Mommybear -

RunQuery will open a query, which is not what you want. What you want is
for this query to be the recordsource for the form. Then if you change this,
you just need to do a Me.Requery.

--
Daryl S

From: Mommybear on
It is my recordsource. I just don't know how to get the data to appear on
the form. What is a Me.Requery and where do I add this. I'm sorry, I'm
really not that familiar with Access.

"Daryl S" wrote:

> Mommybear -
>
> RunQuery will open a query, which is not what you want. What you want is
> for this query to be the recordsource for the form. Then if you change this,
> you just need to do a Me.Requery.
>
> --
> Daryl S
>

> "Mommybear" wrote:
>
> > I have created a form that is populated from a query. I have a text box set
> > up as an input box and click a button (Search) to execute the search. This
> > appears to be working fine as the query opens and runs. However, it displays
> > in the query in data format instead of in the Form I created. How do I get
> > this information to populate the form, not the actual query. The Search
> > button is set to RunQuery.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Errors 2448 and 3075!