From: Larry Gusaas on
On 2010/03/16 4:34 PM Ugly Person wrote:
> Okay this time it's not popup ADVERTISING but still... it's annoying. I
> wanted to wait until I had an example.
> So I'm editing a file in Writer and a small window pops up that says
> "Bullets and Numbering." It's true, there were "bullets" in the document,
> but if I wanted something to swoop down like this I would have asked for it.
> Instead I'd like to take a bullet of my own to it.
> Aside from that it's probably an easy fix for shutting off (I hope) if I
> could only find it. Any idea? (Yes this has been happening in previous
> versions, not just 3.3).

Go to View/Toolbars and uncheck "Bullets and Numbering". Quit OO.o.

--
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: Barbara Duprey on
Ugly Person wrote:
> Okay this time it's not popup ADVERTISING but still... it's annoying. I
> wanted to wait until I had an example.
> So I'm editing a file in Writer and a small window pops up that says
> "Bullets and Numbering." It's true, there were "bullets" in the document,
> but if I wanted something to swoop down like this I would have asked for it.
> Instead I'd like to take a bullet of my own to it.
> Aside from that it's probably an easy fix for shutting off (I hope) if I
> could only find it. Any idea? (Yes this has been happening in previous
> versions, not just 3.3).

When you've done something that brings that toolbar up, and while it's
being displayed, go to View > Toolbars and deselect it. That should get
rid of it until/unless you specifically reselect it. There are quite a
few of these. If you like the toolbar, but not as a popup, you can
'dock' it to any of the edges (though in my experience, the top and
bottom toolbars seem less likely to disappear after a crash).

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: "Ugly Person" on

> Go to View/Toolbars and uncheck "Bullets and Numbering". Quit OO.o.

The joke's on me. There is no such option!

However, under Format > Bullets and Numbering, there doesn't seem to be
anything to turn it off.....

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: "Ugly Person" on

> When you've done something that brings that toolbar up, and while it's
> being displayed, go to View > Toolbars and deselect it. That should get
> rid of it until/unless you specifically reselect it. There are quite a
> few of these. If you like the toolbar, but not as a popup, you can
> 'dock' it to any of the edges (though in my experience, the top and
> bottom toolbars seem less likely to disappear after a crash).

Actually I did NOT like the toolbar. I also found no option to deselect it.
So I begrudgingly took your last suggestion to add it to my regular toolbar.
Actually I hate the idea because there are probably others that will do this
as well and I am not keen on the idea of just cluttering up the screen more
than it already is.

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: Andreas Saeger on
Ugly Person wrote:
> [...]

Ugly Person,
Please follow the steps you've been told. They used to work for me with
all the versions since version 2.0.
Call menu View>Toolbars and deselect the toolbar you don't want to see.
Closing the toolbar window clicking the top-right x-button does not
disable the tool permanently.

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org