From: ErlingC on
Hi....

We are looking to virtualize one of our small Exchange servers.

When we do that, we would prefere that the old could keep running
until the virtual one is ready... When we virtualize the server it
will also be given a new IP adresse...

Is it possible to just stop the old server and copy all store files to
the new one and then start it up again....?

Sincerely

Erling Christensen
From: Mark Arnold [MVP] on
On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 10:16:11 +0100, ErlingC <ec(a)vucsyd.dk> wrote:

>Hi....
>
>We are looking to virtualize one of our small Exchange servers.
>
>When we do that, we would prefere that the old could keep running
>until the virtual one is ready... When we virtualize the server it
>will also be given a new IP adresse...
>
>Is it possible to just stop the old server and copy all store files to
>the new one and then start it up again....?
>
>Sincerely
>
>Erling Christensen

A far better idea would be to simply do PF replication and mailbox
moves when the guest is ready.