From: Woody on
I'm trying to debug a stubborn problem which only occurs at a customer
site. If I give the customer a debug version of the app, is there any
simple way they can get output from the TRACE statements, given that
they do not have VS installed? The app is a dialog-based MFC project,
built statically.
From: Doug Harrison [MVP] on
On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 12:36:52 -0700 (PDT), Woody <ols6000(a)sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

>I'm trying to debug a stubborn problem which only occurs at a customer
>site. If I give the customer a debug version of the app, is there any
>simple way they can get output from the TRACE statements, given that
>they do not have VS installed? The app is a dialog-based MFC project,
>built statically.

Use the Sysinternals.com DebugView.

--
Doug Harrison
Visual C++ MVP
From: Woody on
On Jun 9, 12:41 pm, "Doug Harrison [MVP]" <d...(a)mvps.org> wrote:
> Use the Sysinternals.com DebugView.

Thanks, Doug--this worked. The only caveat for those trying it at home
is that Dbgview must be started before any app you want to monitor.
From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
Note also that TRACE statements only work in the Debug versions, and redistributing Debug
versions of the library has legal implications. So be careful.
joe

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 00:41:48 -0700 (PDT), Woody <ols6000(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On Jun 9, 12:41�pm, "Doug Harrison [MVP]" <d...(a)mvps.org> wrote:
>> Use the Sysinternals.com DebugView.
>
>Thanks, Doug--this worked. The only caveat for those trying it at home
>is that Dbgview must be started before any app you want to monitor.
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com