From: "BABEDH-DHRA" on
Ok I can start over can you please tell me if this is going to be the right
place to start.

apt-get install libsasl2-modules

smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtp_sasl_type = cyrus
relayhost = [smtp.comcast.net]:2525

In /etc/postfix/sasl_passwd:
[outbound.mailhop.org]:2525 username:password

From: Ansgar Wiechers on
On 2010-05-10 BABEDH-DHRA wrote:
> Ok I can start over can you please tell me if this is going to be the
> right place to start.

As already mentioned, the right place to start is here:

http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html

If you encounter any problems while following this Howto, follow the
procedure described here:

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers
--Joel Spolsky

From: "BABEDH-DHRA" on
Ansgar Wiechers

Thanks.

I have gone through this and also looking at the dovecot.conf file. I am
seeing references to mysql. I am now concerned that by making changes to
the conf file I will mess up my mysql configuration.

Main.cf

# See /usr/share/postfix/main.cf.dist for a commented, more complete version

# Debian specific: Specifying a file name will cause the first

# line of that file to be used as the name. The Debian default

# is /etc/mailname.

#myorigin = /etc/mailname

biff = no

# appending .domain is the MUA's job.

append_dot_mydomain = no

# Uncomment the next line to generate "delayed mail" warnings

#delay_warning_time = 4h

readme_directory = no

# TLS parameters

smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/ssl/certs/dovecot.pem

smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/ssl/private/dovecot.pem

# See /usr/share/doc/postfix/TLS_README.gz in the postfix-doc package for

# information on enabling SSL in the smtp client.

myhostname = mail.biggdog.biz

alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases

alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases

myorigin = biggdog.biz

mydestination =

relayhost =

mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8 [::ffff:127.0.0.0]/104 [::1]/128

mailbox_size_limit = 0

recipient_delimiter = +

inet_interfaces = all

smtpd_tls_CAfile = /etc/ssl/certs/cacert.biggdog.biz.pem

smtpd_tls_received_header = yes

mydomain = biggdog.biz

virtual_minimum_uid = 6060

virtual_gid_maps = static:6060

virtual_uid_maps = static:6060

virtual_alias_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_alias_maps.cf,
hash:/etc/postfix/virtual

virtual_mailbox_domains =
proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf

virtual_mailbox_maps =
proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_mailbox_maps.cf

virtual_transport = dovecot

virtual_mailbox_base = /var/vmail/

dovecot_destination_concurrency_limit = 2

dovecot_destination_recipient_limit = 1

smtpd_sasl_type = dovecot

smtpd_sasl_path = private/auth

broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes

smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes

smtpd_sasl_local_domain = $myhostname

smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header = yes

smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated,
reject_unauth_destination, reject_unlisted_recipient, check_recipient_access
hash:/etc/postfix/reject_over_quota, check_sender_access
hash:/etc/postfix/rbl_sender_exceptions, check_client_access
hash:/etc/postfix/rbl_client_exceptions, check_recipient_access
hash:/etc/postfix/rbl_recipient_exceptions, reject_rbl_client
sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org

smtpd_hard_error_limit = 10

smtpd_soft_error_limit = 8

smtpd_helo_required = yes

smtpd_sender_restrictions = check_sender_access
hash:/etc/postfix/sender_access, reject_non_fqdn_sender,
reject_unknown_sender_domain

smtpd_data_restrictions = reject_unauth_pipelining

local_transport = error:no local mail delivery

proxy_interfaces = 68.55.47.24

message_size_limit = 51200000

vacation_destination_recipient_limit = 1

From: Ansgar Wiechers on
On 2010-05-10 BABEDH-DHRA wrote:
> I have gone through this and also looking at the dovecot.conf file. I
> am seeing references to mysql. I am now concerned that by making
> changes to the conf file I will mess up my mysql configuration.

Which part of <http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#mail> did you
fail to understand?

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers
--Joel Spolsky

From: Charles Marcus on
On 2010-05-10 2:08 PM, BABEDH-DHRA wrote:
> *Main.cf*
>
> # See /usr/share/postfix/main.cf.dist for a commented, more complete
> version

I've told you twice now in private...

Please do NOT post copy/pastes from main.cf, post *only* the output of
postconf -n...

You aren't going to get much help here if you cannot follow the simplest
of instructions...

--

Best regards,

Charles