From: David Bolt on
On Wednesday 28 Jul 2010 12:21, while playing with a tin of spray paint,
Peter Terpstra painted this mural:

<snip>
> Interesting ports on sanga.localtwo (10.9.0.4):
> Not shown: 1022 filtered ports
> PORT STATE SERVICE
> 22/tcp closed ssh

Look at this line.

> 25/tcp open smtp

And look at this line.

> prompt>telnet sanga 25

And then look at this.

> Trying 10.9.0.4...
> Connected to sanga.localtwo.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_5.4

You've changed something for this to happen. This is what you would get
from making a telnet connection to an SSH server. You shouldn't get
that from Postfix.

> There is no problem with the connection its only a mail problem.

There is a problem with the connection, and it's not a mail problem.
You have ssh listening on port 25. Change it back to port 22, or some
other port, and Postfix will be able to use port 25 for external
connections.

Regards,
David Bolt

--
Team Acorn: www.distributed.net
| | openSUSE 11.3RC2 32b |

From: Peter Terpstra on
David Bolt wrote:

> You've changed something for this to happen. This is what you would get
> from making a telnet connection to an SSH server. You shouldn't get
> that from Postfix.

Yes I was following instructions from houghi, to test if the port was open.

Kind Regards,

Peter

From: David Bolt on
On Wednesday 28 Jul 2010 15:38, while playing with a tin of spray paint,
Peter Terpstra painted this mural:

> David Bolt wrote:
>
>> You've changed something for this to happen. This is what you would get
>> from making a telnet connection to an SSH server. You shouldn't get
>> that from Postfix.
>
> Yes I was following instructions from houghi, to test if the port was open.

I missed that part of Houghis suggestions. Glad it's working now.

Regards,
David Bolt

From: David Bolt on
On Wednesday 28 Jul 2010 15:41, while playing with a tin of spray paint,
houghi painted this mural:

> David Bolt wrote:
>>> Trying 10.9.0.4...
>>> Connected to sanga.localtwo.
>>> Escape character is '^]'.
>>> SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_5.4
>>
>> You've changed something for this to happen. This is what you would get
>> from making a telnet connection to an SSH server. You shouldn't get
>> that from Postfix.
>
> Yes, he did that on my request. He placed ssh on port 25 to be sure
> there are no router, firewall or DNS problems and be sure it is a SMTP
> issue.

I missed that part.

> I assume he reversed that later.

Well, he says Postfix is now working, so he must have done.

Regards,
David Bolt