From: Mr.Jan on
Is there a special way to post the sale and repurchase of the same
stock (within 30 days) so that the capital gains does not show up on
the Quicken Tax Planner? I had a trade trigger and bought it back
the same day. I now have $34K in capital gains on the tax planner. Is
there a proper way to record such a sale and repurchase?
From: Jim H on
Mr.Jan wrote:
> Is there a special way to post the sale and repurchase of the same
> stock (within 30 days) so that the capital gains does not show up on
> the Quicken Tax Planner? I had a trade trigger and bought it back
> the same day. I now have $34K in capital gains on the tax planner. Is
> there a proper way to record such a sale and repurchase?

Wash sales only count for losses. You do have those capital gains.