From: Ray on
up until the other day I was able to backup my Quicken 2003 QDF file ... now it
won't recognize my rewrite/burn drive... with error message ' unable to write
to Drive E'

I've tried multiple different disks to no avail.. all other burn programs like
Windows Media Player and Nero are working fine .. the drive(E) is okay

any way to repair this.. any suggestions.. or should I just re-install the
Quicken-2003 program...
From: Andrew Rossmann on
In article <oLidndRfCbVd9K3RnZ2dnUVZ_vednZ2d(a)atmc.coop>, nospam(a)aol.com
says...

> up until the other day I was able to backup my Quicken 2003 QDF file ... now it
> won't recognize my rewrite/burn drive... with error message ' unable to write
> to Drive E'
>
> I've tried multiple different disks to no avail.. all other burn programs like
> Windows Media Player and Nero are working fine .. the drive(E) is okay
>
> any way to repair this.. any suggestions.. or should I just re-install the
> Quicken-2003 program...

Quicken seems to be weird writing to CD/DVD drives. Maybe some recent
Windows update changed something in how Quicken sees it? As a
workaround, you can write to a local directory, then copy the files to
the CD/DVD drive manually.

I used to write to a CD with Q2007, but Q2010 has always refused to
write to it.

law!!
http://home.comcast.net/~andyross
From: CSM1 on
Ray <nospam(a)aol.com> wrote in

> up until the other day I was able to backup my Quicken 2003 QDF file
> ... now it won't recognize my rewrite/burn drive... with error
> message ' unable to write to Drive E'
>
> I've tried multiple different disks to no avail.. all other burn
> programs like Windows Media Player and Nero are working fine .. the
> drive(E) is okay
>
> any way to repair this.. any suggestions.. or should I just re-install
> the Quicken-2003 program...

Maybe the CD/DVD burner failed. Can you write with other software?

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com
From: Ray on
On 7/4/2010 9:59 PM, CSM1 wrote:
> Ray<nospam(a)aol.com> wrote in
>
>> up until the other day I was able to backup my Quicken 2003 QDF file
>> ... now it won't recognize my rewrite/burn drive... with error
>> message ' unable to write to Drive E'
>>
>> I've tried multiple different disks to no avail.. all other burn
>> programs like Windows Media Player and Nero are working fine .. the
>> drive(E) is okay
>>
>> any way to repair this.. any suggestions.. or should I just re-install
>> the Quicken-2003 program...
>
> Maybe the CD/DVD burner failed. Can you write with other software?

all other software burns a-okay like WMP and Nero so i don't think it's a
hardware issue...I went to device Manager and it shows the RW drive is w*rking
properly..
From: Ray on
On 7/4/2010 9:15 AM, Andrew Rossmann wrote:
> In article<oLidndRfCbVd9K3RnZ2dnUVZ_vednZ2d(a)atmc.coop>, nospam(a)aol.com
> says...
>>
>> up until the other day I was able to backup my Quicken 2003 QDF file ... now it
>> won't recognize my rewrite/burn drive... with error message ' unable to write
>> to Drive E'
>>
>> I've tried multiple different disks to no avail.. all other burn programs like
>> Windows Media Player and Nero are working fine .. the drive(E) is okay
>>
>> any way to repair this.. any suggestions.. or should I just re-install the
>> Quicken-2003 program...
>
> Quicken seems to be weird writing to CD/DVD drives. Maybe some recent
> Windows update changed something in how Quicken sees it? As a
> workaround, you can write to a local directory, then copy the files to
> the CD/DVD drive manually.
>
> I used to write to a CD with Q2007, but Q2010 has always refused to
> write to it.

been backing up Quicken using the E Drive ( RW drive) on this old Gateway PC
with XP for a long while now... it was w*rking fine just the other day.. all of
a sudden it stopped recognizing the E Drive... haven't added or deleted anything
since then... unless it was the latest MS Windows Updates that screwed it up...