From: mdlister on

Afternoon,

I have done a search online for any reference to outlook 2007 public
folder posts and from field greyed out but can't seem to find anything
to explain why this is happening.

Currently users in outlook 2000 post items in outlook using the from
field and select a team from the Gal instead of from an indervidual,
now they are migrating to 2007 they do not have this ability as the
From Field is Greyed out. Is this a new restriction in 2007 or
something that hasn't been set correctly?

Thanks

--
mdlister
From: Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] on
Check with the Exchange Administrator to see if there are any restrictions
set on Exchange. Public folders belong to Exchange, not Outlook. You may
also want to post htis to an Exchange.Admin group for additional information
from the server side gurus.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, mdlister asked:

From: mdlister on

Thanks Milly,

I am one of the Exchange Administrators, :) and nothing has been
changed in our environment since introducing 2007. I checked with a
user of 2000 and they are still able to post messages in to any public
folder they have access to and edit the from field to make a post
appear as if its from a team or another team member but its disabled in
2007 so i assumed its either not configured disabled

--
mdlister