From: smlunatick on
On Jan 1, 11:25 am, rebelgirl <rebelg...(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Hi Ian ,
>   I looked for the cordbg.exe In task manager , its not listed. So I have no
> clue whats going on there. I have tried to unplug the external hard drive
> from the hard drive its self , but not from the back of the computer. Do not
> know if that would make a difference at all. I`m looking into trying to re do
> net frame 1.1 but dont understand at all how to do that. So pretty lost all
> the way around. Thanks for the reply.
>

> "Ian D" wrote:
>
> > "rebelgirl" <rebelg...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi Andrew ,
> > >  I do not have a floppy disk on my computer. I really have no idea what
> > > your saying either. I dont know much about tech stuff. If you think its
> > > not a
> > > net frame problem which is what i was told. Should I just un install & re
> > > install the program ? From what i was told if it is the net frame , if i
> > > do
> > > that it will go to the nest applications i have . Thats what im worried
> > > about. Thank you so much for replying also.

> > Try disabling the cordbg.exe process in Task Manager, then reconnect
> > your external drive.  It looks like the cordbg.exe file got damaged in the
> > power interruption, and the NET. application may have to be reinstalled..
> > If you google cordbg.exe, you'll find a lot of info on resolving cordbg..exe
> > problems.- Hide quoted text -

You may need to clear out any Device Manager settings for the external
hard drive and then let XP re-detect it. However, you may need to re-
format the drive, either with XP's Disk Management or the hard drive
manufacturer's tools.

Here is a simple Batch file to get Device Manager to show you all
"hidden" and non active devices:

Copy and paste to a batch file:

set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1
cd %SystemRoot%\System32