From: Robert McMillan on
I am looking at purchasing a Vostro 3400 and would like to get a
second power adapter, one for work and one for home. Does anyone know
if it uses the same PA-10/12 of previous generation Dell laptops
because if that is the case I dont need to buy another adapter and can
use the spare one from my old laptop.
From: RnR on

http://www1.ca.dell.com/content/products/featuresdetails.aspx/vostro-3400?c=ca&l=en&s=bsd&cs=cabsdt1&~lt=popup
From: John Novicki on

"RnR" <rnrtexas(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 22:37:36 -0700 (PDT), Robert McMillan
> <mcmillan.robert87(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I am looking at purchasing a Vostro 3400 and would like to get a
>>second power adapter, one for work and one for home. Does anyone know
>>if it uses the same PA-10/12 of previous generation Dell laptops
>>because if that is the case I dont need to buy another adapter and can
>>use the spare one from my old laptop.
>

> http://www1.ca.dell.com/content/products/featuresdetails.aspx/vostro-3400?c=ca&l=en&s=bsd&cs=cabsdt1&~lt=popup

That link doesn't specify anything related to adapter type. Doing a google
search, however, nets that it uses a Dell PA-3E adapter.

From: RnR on
On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 10:59:05 -0400, "John Novicki"
<johnnovicki(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>"RnR" <rnrtexas(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 22:37:36 -0700 (PDT), Robert McMillan
>> <mcmillan.robert87(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>I am looking at purchasing a Vostro 3400 and would like to get a
>>>second power adapter, one for work and one for home. Does anyone know
>>>if it uses the same PA-10/12 of previous generation Dell laptops
>>>because if that is the case I dont need to buy another adapter and can
>>>use the spare one from my old laptop.
>>

>> http://www1.ca.dell.com/content/products/featuresdetails.aspx/vostro-3400?c=ca&l=en&s=bsd&cs=cabsdt1&~lt=popup
>
>That link doesn't specify anything related to adapter type. Doing a google
>search, however, nets that it uses a Dell PA-3E adapter.

Correct. Here's another in case the OP wants one...
http://www.notebookbattery.com/dell/vostro-3400/
From: Robert McMillan on
Thanks guys, after some more googling it appears that the PA-3E is
just a new slim version of the old PA-10 adapter. Same plug, voltages,
watts etc. I think I will go ahead and order it with just the single
adapter and try out my old PA-10 adapter when it arrives. Use the
slim, light one for travel and leave the heavier one on my desk at
home.

Pages: 1
Prev: Laptop Battery
Next: Vostro 3400 owners