From: RnR on
Does anyone have the original power adapter (inverter) for this model
Dell and can tell me what the power adapter model number is? I'm
guessing like a PA-12 or PA-13 but that's pure guess no basis of fact.
Thanks.
From: RnR on
In article <i26t5n$84g$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
ben_myers(a)charter.net says...

> On 7/21/2010 6:20 AM, RnR wrote:
> > Does anyone have the original power adapter (inverter) for this model
> > Dell and can tell me what the power adapter model number is? I'm
> > guessing like a PA-12 or PA-13 but that's pure guess no basis of fact.
> > Thanks.
>
> Use the Dell service tag to look up the original configuration of your
> Inspiron E1420. Find the part number of the power adapter, then google it.
>
> The 130w PA-13 is a big honking brick. My guess is that the E1420 is
> too modern for the PA-13, which was shipped with older Inspiron 5150,
> 5160, and 9100 units (among others), which had high-wattage true Socket
> 478 CPUs. Not the real mobile CPUs, but CPUs cobbled by Intel to use
> Speedstep and a lower speed when run on battery.
>
> But the PA-13 may work with the E1420. The PA-12 produces 70w max.
>
> I keep a PA-13 around for testing, because it works fine with most
> modern Dell laptops, i.e. those that do not use a power adapter with the
> older "chicken head" connector... Ben Myers

Thanks Ben. My daughter has it not me so I'm already asking her for a
cell phone pic which she can email back to me. Then I will know what
I'm looking for. I was guessing a PA-12 or 13 and looking at one source
on Dell doesn't tell me the model tho they say it will work with that
laptop.... but their prices are high of course compared to others. Ebay
is cheap but I think their bricks are probably low quality too. I was
hoping someone else had a 1420 and could tell me faster than my
daughter.
From: RnR on
In article <i26t5n$84g$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
ben_myers(a)charter.net says...

> On 7/21/2010 6:20 AM, RnR wrote:
> > Does anyone have the original power adapter (inverter) for this model
> > Dell and can tell me what the power adapter model number is? I'm
> > guessing like a PA-12 or PA-13 but that's pure guess no basis of fact.
> > Thanks.
>
> Use the Dell service tag to look up the original configuration of your
> Inspiron E1420. Find the part number of the power adapter, then google it.
>
> The 130w PA-13 is a big honking brick. My guess is that the E1420 is
> too modern for the PA-13, which was shipped with older Inspiron 5150,
> 5160, and 9100 units (among others), which had high-wattage true Socket
> 478 CPUs. Not the real mobile CPUs, but CPUs cobbled by Intel to use
> Speedstep and a lower speed when run on battery.
>
> But the PA-13 may work with the E1420. The PA-12 produces 70w max.
>
> I keep a PA-13 around for testing, because it works fine with most
> modern Dell laptops, i.e. those that do not use a power adapter with the
> older "chicken head" connector... Ben Myers

Got my daughter's great pic and it says PA-10 family; 90 Watt; model #
LA90PS0-00. I can read more but unless it's important, I think you get
the idea.
From: Victor on
On Jul 21, 6:20 am, RnR <rnrte...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have the original power adapter (inverter) for this model
> Dell and can tell me what the power adapter model number is? I'm
> guessing like a PA-12 or PA-13 but that's pure guess no basis of fact.
> Thanks.

My 1420 came with a 65 watt PA-12.
Still going strong after 3 years of everyday use.
From: RnR on
In article <1034cd67-f031-4e5b-bf18-
b49a0788956a(a)i28g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>, v25hall(a)yahoo.com says...

> On Jul 21, 6:20�am, RnR <rnrte...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > Does anyone have the original power adapter (inverter) for this model
> > Dell and can tell me what the power adapter model number is? I'm
> > guessing like a PA-12 or PA-13 but that's pure guess no basis of fact.
> > Thanks.
>
> My 1420 came with a 65 watt PA-12.
> Still going strong after 3 years of everyday use.

Thanks. My daughter has a PA-10 (90 watt) and she says it's going. I'm
taking her word so I ordered a cheap priced Ebay adapter for her so
we'll see how that goes.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: sources for power adapter to E1420
Next: Memory Source