From: Richard Webb on
On Mon 2038-May-24 23:15,
Krooburg Science writes:

> On May 24, 5:54=A0pm, "George's Pro Sound Co." <bm...(a)yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>> That is not my experiance, crown amps have held NOTHING except cost over =
>> the
>> behringer of equal power
>> Crests just freaking physically self destructed (8002's,FA series)
>> my Powersofts were ultra sensitive to humidity and as such unsuitable for
>> outdoor road use
>> the amps that have held up have been QSC and Behringer
>> This is my experiance, as the owner of over 70 amps in my career, ymmv

> Yes George, we've all heard your incessant whining about Crest and
> Crown amps. The FACT is that of the 20 or so sound companies I've
> managed, tech'd, crew chief'd and owned over the last 35 years, the
> old school Crest & Crown amps have been VERY reliable and very
> powerful. They've held up to some real abuse in hundreds of venues
> and tours over DECADES and many of those are still in operation
> today. And they likely will be when your Behringers are in scrap
> heap. And pretty much every person I know involved in top level tour
> and installation over the 3+ decades agrees. So the only conclusion
> I can draw is YOU are doing something wrong. Either that or you are
> the ONLY one who's right & EVERYONE else is wrong. Is THAT what
> you're saying George?

Note that's the old school Crown and Crest though, and
that's the part George might have overlooked. I've heard
many complaints about newer models of Crest and Crown. That old stuff is still traveling around in road racks for a
reason though.

I"m still using older Crown and QSC in my remote truck. I
haven't seen the need to replace them yet.

Regards,
Richard
.... Remote audio in the southland: See www.gatasound.com
From: Krooburg Science on
On May 25, 4:40 am, "George's Pro Sound Co." <bm...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>  The FACT is that of the 20 or so sound companies I've
>
> > managed, tech'd, crew chief'd and owned over the last 35 years,
>
> Wow that is quite a resume you went through 20 sound companies as their
> manager, tech ,crew chief or own in 35 years!!!
> a  new company about every 18 months!!! Quite a feat IMHO
> George

I guess the world of touring is something you don't know about George.
You take tech/crew jobs as you can get them be it with companies like
Clair/Showco or smaller outfits like 8th Day. Depending on the year, I
could have worked for as many as 4 companies. It's really not that
many in a 35 year tour of duty. Been all over the world several time
over, loved every minute of it.

From: Krooburg Science on
On May 25, 9:56 am, Richard.Webb.my.f...(a)116-901.ftn.wpusa.dynip.com
(Richard Webb) wrote:
> On Mon 2038-May-24 23:15,
>

> Krooburg Science writes:
> > On May 24, 5:54=A0pm, "George's Pro Sound Co." <bm...(a)yahoo.com>
> > wrote:
> >> That is not my experiance, crown amps have held NOTHING except cost over =
> >> the
> >> behringer of equal power
> >> Crests just freaking physically self destructed (8002's,FA series)
> >> my Powersofts were ultra sensitive to humidity and as such unsuitable for
> >> outdoor road use
> >> the amps that have held up have been QSC and Behringer
> >> This is my experiance, as the owner of over 70 amps in my career, ymmv
> > Yes George, we've all heard your incessant whining about Crest and
> > Crown amps. The FACT is that of the 20 or so sound companies I've
> > managed, tech'd, crew chief'd and owned over the last 35 years, the
> > old school Crest & Crown amps have been VERY reliable and very
> > powerful. They've held up to some real abuse in hundreds of venues
> > and tours over DECADES and many of those are still in operation
> > today. And they likely will be when your Behringers are in scrap
> > heap. And pretty much every person I know involved in top level tour
> > and installation over the 3+ decades agrees. So the only conclusion
> > I can draw is YOU are doing something wrong. Either that or you are
> > the ONLY one who's right & EVERYONE else is wrong. Is THAT what
> > you're saying George?
>
> Note that's the old school Crown and Crest though, and
> that's the part George might have overlooked.  I've heard
> many complaints about newer models of Crest and Crown.  That old stuff is still traveling around in road racks for a
> reason though.
>
> I"m still using older Crown and QSC in my remote truck.  I
> haven't seen the need to replace them yet.
>
> Regards,
>            Richard
> ...   Remote audio in the southland:  Seewww.gatasound.com
> --
> | Remove .my.foot for email
> | via Waldo's Place USA Fidonet<->Internet Gateway Site
> | Standard disclaimer: The views of this user are strictly his own.

No, he's talking about the older Crest Pro Series. And he's complained
about MacroTech IIRC, probably the best amp Crown ever made.

From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

(Richard Webb) wrote:
> On Mon 2038-May-24 23:15,
>

> Krooburg Science writes:
> > On May 24, 5:54=A0pm, "George's Pro Sound Co." <bm...(a)yahoo.com>
> > wrote:
> >> That is not my experiance, crown amps have held NOTHING except cost
> >> over =
> >> the
> >> behringer of equal power
> >> Crests just freaking physically self destructed (8002's,FA series)
> >> my Powersofts were ultra sensitive to humidity and as such unsuitable
> >> for
> >> outdoor road use
> >> the amps that have held up have been QSC and Behringer
> >> This is my experiance, as the owner of over 70 amps in my career, ymmv
> > Yes George, we've all heard your incessant whining about Crest and
> > Crown amps. The FACT is that of the 20 or so sound companies I've
> > managed, tech'd, crew chief'd and owned over the last 35 years, the
> > old school Crest & Crown amps have been VERY reliable and very
> > powerful. They've held up to some real abuse in hundreds of venues
> > and tours over DECADES and many of those are still in operation
> > today. And they likely will be when your Behringers are in scrap
> > heap. And pretty much every person I know involved in top level tour
> > and installation over the 3+ decades agrees. So the only conclusion
> > I can draw is YOU are doing something wrong. Either that or you are
> > the ONLY one who's right & EVERYONE else is wrong. Is THAT what
> > you're saying George?
>
> Note that's the old school Crown and Crest though, and
> that's the part George might have overlooked. I've heard
> many complaints about newer models of Crest and Crown. That old stuff is
> still traveling around in road racks for a
> reason though.
>
> I"m still using older Crown and QSC in my remote truck. I
> haven't seen the need to replace them yet.
>
> Regards,
> Richard
> ... Remote audio in the southland: Seewww.gatasound.com
> --
> | Remove .my.foot for email
> | via Waldo's Place USA Fidonet<->Internet Gateway Site
> | Standard disclaimer: The views of this user are strictly his own.

No, he's talking about the older Crest Pro Series. And he's complained
about MacroTech IIRC, probably the best amp Crown ever made.

Cr3st pro series 8002's and FA series, crown Macrotechs , the original ones
absolute junk IMO, YMMV
George

From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

> Cr3st pro series 8002's and FA series, crown Macrotechs , the original
> ones
> absolute junk IMO, YMMV
> George
I also have 2 broken crown K2 amps